Sponsored

Noob here, need advice, info.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Any sound clips?
unfortunately I don't, never recorded my cold starts nor fly bys. but the MF was deep rumble and souded nice, just the drone was horrible. I had corsa xtreme, borla ford racing, borla S type, and now I got corsa sport. If you want obnoxious and loud the xtremes. If you want deep rumble tone get the MF. MBRP might be similar to MF but I've heard its a lot more raspy. If you stay NA, the CJ setup might be around 2K? I was going that route but the labor might also a bit more for cost. Let me know any of any other questions
Sponsored

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Cheapest first mods for me was Sound tube removal, Steeda clutch assist spring and Steeda Stainless H-Pipe.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PMAS intake and AED flex fuel tune.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
PMAS intake and AED flex fuel tune.
I second AED tune. Shaun has been great to work with. Though I'm more curious to try the new Steeda enclosed CAI once they're available. Larger maf and lower IATs than I am seeing on stock...

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
First Mod: Twin Turbos!!!! FTW :devil:. I'd say go with MF competition, there is a lot of drone though but deep rumble. I had kooks catted headers with that cat back and also with about 4 other catbacks haha. H pipe usually deepens the sound but Ive always ran an X pipe. Make sure to get good tires though, thats an important factor. If you have PP wheels, the biggest for rear that will work is 305/35/19 and fronts possibly 285/35/19 (thats what I have up front). They make the car look better and well grip better. Sorry for long input, just wana share what Ive done and hopefully it helps you get an idea of what to add. also, once you start modding and adding power, you will want more and more power haha
If you care about performance I would NOT go with 305s on the OEM PP wheels. 285s on the 9.5 inch wide rears are perfect, 295s are pushing it and you're already losing some of the sidewall stiffness, 305s is just asking for problems if you are planning on pushing your car. 305s really only belong on a wheel that's no smaller than 10.5 inches. Is it doable? Yes. Is it is recommended? Definitely not.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
If you care about performance I would NOT go with 305s on the OEM PP wheels. 285s on the 9.5 inch wide rears are perfect, 295s are pushing it and you're already losing some of the sidewall stiffness, 305s is just asking for problems if you are planning on pushing your car. 305s really only belong on a wheel that's no smaller than 10.5 inches. Is it doable? Yes. Is it is recommended? Definitely not.
I already had 285 on the rears and nothing spin

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I already had 285 on the rears and nothing spin
I have 315 on the rears on 11" wheel and still spin like crazy. Hoping come track time dropping down to like 24psi or less will combat that some.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I have 315 on the rears on 11" wheel and still spin like crazy. Hoping come track time dropping down to like 24psi or less will combat that some.
Damn with 315! Haha that’s crazy. I’m only at 600 wheel and am going e85 within 2 weeks, hoping for 700-800 haha I’ma need radials

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who has run just about every possible Magnaflow combo on this car, I’m going to say that with off-road headers, you’ll be wanting the Street catback, not the Comp.
Both are deep but the Comp will drone badly on catless headers where the Street won’t.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
As someone who has run just about every possible Magnaflow combo on this car, I’m going to say that with off-road headers, you’ll be wanting the Street catback, not the Comp.
Both are deep but the Comp will drone badly on catless headers where the Street won’t.
Yah the street is a lot quiter but sounds a bit muffled, thats why I switched to the comp axle backs after about a month
Sponsored