Non Premium Mustangs

Vadoh_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Shadow Black
I had a quick question, I have a non premium mustang gt and I really want to get the premium rear diffuser. On AmericanMuscle.com they sell it but say it's only for premium package mustangs. Does anyone know what I have to do to switch up my rear diffuser?
Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
theres a ton of threads about this, but ill save you the searching. non premium is a 1 piece bumper. premium is a 2 piece. not interchangeable, and not easy to make a non into a premium. you would literally have to cut your non premium apart, make mounting points, and attach the premium piece to it.

OP
OP
Vadoh_5oh

Vadoh_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
theres a ton of threads about this, but ill save you the searching. non premium is a 1 piece bumper. premium is a 2 piece. not interchangeable, and not easy to make a non into a premium. you would literally have to cut your non premium apart, make mounting points, and attach the premium piece to it.
So I would have to buy a completely different bumper?

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
basically, yes. not only a bumper, then the premium black textured insert. and paint. and I think I have heard that they are on backorder...could be wrong. a guy on here installed an rtr diffuser on a base bumper...and I think a few have done other aftermarket ones. not an easy task to say the least

OP
OP
Vadoh_5oh

Vadoh_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
basically, yes. not only a bumper, then the premium black textured insert. and paint. and I think I have heard that they are on backorder...could be wrong. a guy on here installed an rtr diffuser on a base bumper...and I think a few have done other aftermarket ones. not an easy task to say the least
Do you know where I'd have to go for those prices?

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I have to ask.,,,,,,,,,,why would you want to? If you really want the black bottom look, paint it?

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This is a great job and looks factory.

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Hello
I am going to chime in here.
I also have a Non Premium GT and therefore have the base bumper.
Sometime in the future I hope to get a Premium Bumper because that will open the doors to get either a quad tip setup or a different diffuser.
But for now I have Plasti Dipped my rear Diffuser/Valance area as in the picture above.
It is a great upgrade and extremely inexpensive.
But I will say this, for cars like mine (Magnetic) which are darker; it does not stick out or Pop like it does in the above picture or if the car were any other lighter color.
In fact, on mine you could totally miss it if you didn’t really stare at it.
For the OP, I would say it’s a great upgrade until you can get a Premium bumper if choose to but your car being the darkest (Black) it will not stick out as much in my opinion.
But that might be the case with a Premium Black anyway.
Posting mine so that you can compare.
Just my 2 cents. Hope that helps a little.
Thanks
Jay
Rear bumper2.jpg

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP

why would they not be interchangeable?

you need two pieces, the bumper and the insert.

Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
why would they not be interchangeable?

you need two pieces, the bumper and the insert.
i guess interchangeable isnt directly specific enough for people on this forum... im saying you cant slap the premium piece on the base bumper, therefore, the premium insert is not interchangeable on both bumpers. if you read the whole post it would make sense, but picking apart each sentence, i guess you could be confused.

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I have to ask.,,,,,,,,,,why would you want to? If you really want the black bottom look, paint it?
Paint will not give you the look most people (including me) are after. Look at a base car from the side and you can see how unfinished the base bumper looks. The splitter is textured black plastic and flows into the rockers, which are the same material. On a premium car the rockers flow into the rear diffuser which matches up perfectly and completes the look. You don't get that with a base car. I'll be purchasing a premium bumper at some point down the line. It's about $400 + paint. If they would've offered as a separate upgrade (without the whole package - I did not want leather seats) I would've ordered my car with it. BTW, my car is white so its especially noticeable.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I would also like to swap bumpers to a premium, but I have to admit the painted part of the diffuser on the base model looks pretty good.
Sponsored