Non-Ford Touch opinions?

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
as long as it doesn't have a ridiculous interface like windows 8... miserable! Maybe a different interface specifically for a car much like interfaces on the different phones world be good.... correct me if I am wrong but I thought the GT premium will be getting applink.. could have sworn I read that
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
as long as it doesn't have a ridiculous interface like windows 8... miserable! Maybe a different interface specifically for a car much like interfaces on the different phones world be good.... correct me if I am wrong but I thought the GT premium will be getting applink.. could have sworn I read that
3 posts above yours. :)

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Apples car play is not apple specific I read. No car manufacturer would use a software that would not work with other platforms. Microsoft Sync sucks and I am sure Apples would be way better and I would be happy to have anyone but Microsoft at this point
Yeah. It is my understanding that apple car play runs entirely on your device. Manufactures only have to display the UI and intercept touch commands. It would be fantastic if ford offered this as apple are masters of user experience. I'm not holding my breath though, it seems like this would have already been announced.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. It is my understanding that apple car play runs entirely on your device. Manufactures only have to display the UI and intercept touch commands. It would be fantastic if ford offered this as apple are masters of user experience. I'm not holding my breath though, it seems like this would have already been announced.
Apple is CRAP! You would be lucky if any apps worked at all if not already paying for the junk

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
So it's ok for us to be fed Microsoft? I would love to try anything but microsuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot better than being fed apples![emoji2]

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Apple is CRAP! You would be lucky if any apps worked at all if not already paying for the junk

Yah, that's why they are where they are today lol. Because they are crap. It's a good thing they are "crap" otherwise nobody else would stand a chance in the same market.

Anyway I'm not gonna derail this thread comparing apples to........ prunes ;)

All I'm saying is Microsoft has a horrible user experience and I for one welcome anyone to come and improve their crappy product. And because I have a preference I would welcome Apple

At least we all agree on one thing ........ our cars :)

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Yah, that's why they are where they are today lol. Because they are crap. It's a good thing they are "crap" otherwise nobody else would stand a chance in the same market.

Anyway I'm not gonna derail this thread comparing apples to........ prunes ;)

All I'm saying is Microsoft has a horrible user experience and I for one welcome anyone to come and improve their crappy product. And because I have a preference I would welcome Apple

At least we all agree on one thing ........ our cars :)

Agreed[emoji2]

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
I guess the interface doesn't really matter ~that~ much.......... Our wives and girlfriends can change the radio, control the temp, etc while we all concentrate on the fun driving! :headbang:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Search youtube for MyFordTouch, you'll find many videos that showcase the interface.

The MFT interface is simple and intuitive. It does not require you to dig down through menus to adj. the volume, change the radio station or change the AC fan speed. The majority of interaction is via voice commands and controls on the steering wheel or dash.

My wife's Focus ST has MFT and I really like it. My Mustang has touch screen Nav, and while it provides a good Sync interface, MFT is simply better. I wish my Mustang had MFT.

IMHO, people are getting their panties wadded over nothing.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Search youtube for MyFordTouch, you'll find many videos that showcase the interface.

The MFT interface is simple and intuitive. It does not require you to dig down through menus to adj. the volume, change the radio station or change the AC fan speed. The majority of interaction is via voice commands and controls on the steering wheel or dash.

My wife's Focus ST has MFT and I really like it. My Mustang has touch screen Nav, and while it provides a good Sync interface, MFT is simply better. I wish my Mustang had MFT.

I use both quite often. I have a 2012 F150 and my wife has a 2013 Focus and I do not care for either. I don't wear any so no wadding here. Enjoy that visual :)

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I use both quite often. I have a 2012 F150 and my wife has a 2013 Focus and I do not care for either. Ain't my panties as I don't wear any. Enjoy that visual :)

Speaking to some of your earlier posts, the Sync user experience is all on Ford. They designed and implemented the user interface and feature set that we as users interact with. Microsoft provided the underlying os/api. ...and I've yet to see it bluescreen. lol

I will say that I believe that Ford pushed MFT out the door before it was ready for prime time, and this is refected in the JD Power reliability ratings over the past few years. The latest patches have made it stable though, and the bugs I was used to seeing on my wife's ST are gone now.

Don't care what you wear or don't wear. Anyone that goes on and on about one software vendor over another and uses words like "microsuck" definitely has wadded panties over this issue. Just sayin'.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

why would anyone want to mute their music just to change fan speed? voice commands are basically useless for me.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't care what you wear or don't wear. Anyone that goes on and on about one software vendor over another and uses words like "microsuck" definitely has wadded panties over this issue. Just sayin'.

Well, I've used Microsoft for 20 years and can say I have had way worse times than good times. I've used car stereos with Windows CE and it was a miserable experience. I've uses windows based phones and had a crap ton of crashes. I've tried X Box and had plenty red circles of death. And then there's windows 8 need I say more?

Last time I checked I was entitled to my own opinions and if my opinion of Microsoft is they suck, then to me they suck. I never asked you to agree or even care. And for the matter I didn't ask your opinion of my opinion.

This forum is becoming inundated with people that are just so damn sensitive.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
As I said earlier, I really feel that Ford is more at fault here than Microsoft is, and I'm no Microsoft fanboy, believe me. That said, while not experiencing any "blue screens of death", I HAVE had issues with SYNC that required me to reset to defaults or even pull the fuse for SYNC to reset the system. So, there is likely some shared blame for many of the issues, quirks, GUI design and feature inconsistency between all versions of SYNC.
Sponsored