Sponsored

Non-CFTP Track Readiness / Features

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
What features / setup in a Base GT500 did Ford include that are for road course tracking that folks use / like?

(here’s the context of what I’m asking - having a C7 now there’s a HUD with shift lights, tire temp and pressure in the gauge cluster, G force display, data recorder, etc. I haven’t been able to find a good write up or review of the on track features. I have seen in Speed Phenom videos what looks like shift lights on the windshield, and some other things... but aside from toggling to race mode - what other features does the car have and folks use?)
Sponsored

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I'll answer my own thread in case somone else is looking...
  • There a shift light bar (set of led's) that you can config a little bit that can display in the windshield
  • You can set the tire pressure to show in the main console (but I don't think tire temps)
  • Obviously you can change the suspension to track mode making it stiffer, same with steering wheel inputs and exhaust (these 3 things can be set without being locked in any one mode)
  • If drag racing - there's line lock and launch control (not my thing but here for completness)
That seems to be mostly it...