Sponsored

Noisy/Clunky after Eibach Pro SPring install?

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Howdy folks. This (2020 GT CS Vert) is the first car i have ever modded beyond swapping rims. Not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cars. So seeking advice.

As the Title states, got the Eibach Pro Springs installed yesterday, both front and rear, and also swapped out the front sway bar and end links.

I have only gotten to driver it to work this morning, and there was a steady rain. So can't really comment on the feel yet. But, I noticed its very noisy from the rear now. Anytime I am not on immaculately smooth pavement, there is a clunking coming from from the rear as it navigates the bumps in the road. And not big bumps either. Tough to explain. But pre install, there is the sound and feel of the car when you go over bumps, now there is additional clunking coming from back there. I know I sucked at explaining it, but anyone know what it could be? I will be calling my install guy later as well.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The most common in the rear is the shock nut on the top of the shock. Make sure it is tight. I don't remember the torque spec but probably 35 Ft Lbs.

The other common thing to clunk is the sway bar end links in the front, make sure they are torqued to 85 Ft Lbs

OP
OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
The most common in the rear is the shock nut on the top of the shock. Make sure it is tight. I don't remember the torque spec but probably 35 Ft Lbs.

The other common thing to clunk is the sway bar end links in the front, make sure they are torqued to 85 Ft Lbs
So it was the end links. Weird thing is, I felt/heard the clunking coming from the rear, unless it was slowly going over a an incline like the curb of a driveway. Then I distinctly heard it in the front. But while traveling slowly, all of the feel and sound came from the rear.

But my guy said he just made sure everything was good, and tight with the springs and sway bar, and that he made some adjustments to the End Links and that is what stopped all of the clunking. Driving home put a smile on my face, I had my car back, and now I can enjoy the look of it lowered. Got to put some miles on it now to get a real feel for the changes. First oil change done as well so can finally get on it a little bit. :) Thank you for your reply.
Sponsored