Sponsored

Noise when turning - solved

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
This noise just cropped up over the weekend. I wasn't sure what was causing it before, but have been able to replicate the issue by making left turns and giving the car some gas. The sound seems to be coming from the front end and I can feel it in the pedal as it happens.

Had it up on a lift earlier today and didn't notice anything obviously loose, moving around, or deformed. No extra noise going over bumps compared to before. Doesn't happen (so far at least) while going straight or coasting slowly through a turn. Nothing irregular showing up regarding knock based on my X4 either.

Any ideas on what's going on here? I'm going to run by Steeda in the morning but just curious if you guys might have any pointers and to get this on here for others that may run into similar (I'll update this thread with what they find too).

Camera is on the carpet on the driver footwell, sound happens at 5-7 seconds and 53-54 seconds in this video.

Thanks

edit » the answer is....exhaust piping was hitting the trans mount. Tightened up a passenger side clamp just a bit and used a bar to move it away some more. For right now, problem is gone. If it comes back up, I'll take it back to the exhaust shop to either add in a small extension piece or maybe change the bracket to make sure it holds further away from the trans mount.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
do you have any pictures as to exactly where it was coming in contact? I thought it was my header hitting the frame but your noise sounds almost like mine. I installed TSP headers. it only happens when i turn left

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures, but GT headers would be a completely different shape and maybe path a bit.
Sponsored