Sponsored

No stripes .............. No emblems (claps)

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Heh ........ Simply a part of the aging process sadly. Even the manual in the Miata, as gentle as it is causes issues. It is the joint in ones right palm that is the issue. I've simply worn it out.
Have one of our UK or Aussie guys on here ship a right hand drive Mach 1 to you. Problem solved you can shift with the left hand Mikey!!
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Heh ........ Simply a part of the aging process sadly. Even the manual in the Miata, as gentle as it is causes issues. It is the joint in ones right palm that is the issue. I've simply worn it out.
mike, did the emblems on the front fender have locating holes? I read through but did not see that mentioned, only that you had it out for paint. Just curious. I’m thinking of getting a velocity blue ordered but I’ll debate and destripe it. Thanks!

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
No. They use tape.

PeteSD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '21 GMC 1500 Sierra, '22 BMW 540ix
Thought about the "devalue" aspect as well... but realized they next guy could just go buy them. Only after a couple hand washes, hood decal was showing scratches. I was amazed how easily it all came off. A really cheap sticker set. Practically melted using a very light heat gun. My hood emblem was poorly made and showed discoloration on the edges up close. If I did it again, I would have them professionally painted on. I wanted to PPF the hood and rockers, so this made it easier.

thumbnail_IMG_4250.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4251.jpg

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@PeteSD Your car looks so much better w/o the damn stripes. :rockon:

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Old skool... we used to like to build sleepers so whoever decided they wanted to race me had a bit of a surprise.

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Looks way better w/o the stripes and badging. Well done.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Old skool... we used to like to build sleepers so whoever decided they wanted to race me had a bit of a surprise.
Yup. My 409 had no emblems. Looked just like any other blue flame 6 on the road. :sunglasses:

Sponsored

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
@PeteSD, looks great! I figured the hood decal scratched easily since I've seen a few closeups and swirl marks are clearly visible (even worse than the rear deck lid! Ha).

The thing about deciding on the sticker removal is it has to be done sooner rather than later to avoid potential paint inconsistencies over time the longer it's left on the hood.

I don't mind the look of the hood stripe though and it would be a tough decision for me.. cover it with Xpel protection to prevent scratches or simply ditch it for the clean look. 😉

PeteSD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1, '21 GMC 1500 Sierra, '22 BMW 540ix
@PeteSD, looks great! I figured the hood decal scratched easily since I've seen a few closeups and swirl marks are clearly visible (even worse than the rear deck lid! Ha).

The thing about deciding on the sticker removal is it has to be done sooner rather than later to avoid potential paint inconsistencies over time the longer it's left on the hood.

I don't mind the look of the hood stripe though and it would be a tough decision for me.. cover it with Xpel protection to prevent scratches or simply ditch it for the clean look. 😉
That was my initial idea, cover it with PPF. The problem is, covering the matte finish part of the hood decal. PPF installer said it was not possible and would end up looking weird. Also, sticker edges where to apprupt for a clean line and may bubble.

The edges of my hood decal had areas where it almost looked like the top clear part was not applied correctly. It had the look of separating from the decal on the edges and/or hard water spots. Stickers probably made in Asia or something? If I was trying to keep the car collector grade, I'd commission someone to redo them or have them painted on.

I enjoyed driving it with the hood stripe on, it was fun to look over. I also noticed car got a lot more stares w/decals on it. However, I was attempting to go more "stealthy" than "hey, please arrest me". However, my Steeda H-pipe seems to of changed that tactic a bit.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Strips look good on the track, on the street. They make the car look taller & not as wide.

@ the OP, Do I see a mustang in that grill ? LOL .

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator, Ford Explorer

When (if) my car arrives, I plan on removing the hood and side decals, and have been noodling around with an XPEL full wrap. Have you done that and, if so, was it worth it?

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yes !
Sponsored