Sponsored

No Power Seat Recline

Gungnir888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP
I can't even think of 18 ways a friggin seat can move aside from turning completely around and breaking out a picnic table with the backseats.

Apart from letting people into the back I think I've probably adjusted the seat back maybe a dozen times in 10 years.

I can see were some people might think it unacceptable, just not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny enough, my first car did just that. Sure it was a VW Westie, but one of the seats rotated completely around.

I like power recline because it is more variable than manual adjustments. I might be persnickety, but it seems my ideal back position is always between clicks.
Sponsored

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
You all sure plan to have a lot of passengers in the backseat of your mustang. Either you all have kids in front facing car seats, or you all know a lot of 4' tall paraplegics.

Myself, It'd be nice if the memory buttons on the door could adjust the recline angle that was set for the multiple drivers. But it doesn't sound like it does that.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
On what?

As far as I know only the premiums have powered seats and recaros will remove that option.

Negative. Base GT has all powered seats

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
One advantage I will give to power recline is the infinite adjustability you can get. In my '11 my seat back adjustment was limited by the detents of the seat back. Each adjustment was X number of degrees only. In my Taurus I'm able to make minute adjustments which really do make a difference in comfort.
That said I've been in several new Mustangs and I'm ok with the manual seatback.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
On what?

As far as I know only the premiums have powered seats and recaros will remove that option.
Actually base ecoboost and gt has power drivers and passenger seats. No longer a premium option. V6 has it on drivers side with 051A

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Actually base ecoboost and gt has power drivers and passenger seats. No longer a premium option. V6 has it on drivers side with 051A
There is a certain level of powered seats on the base models... I think it is a 4 or 6 way but the premium has 8 way plus the lumbar... both driver and passenger seats are powered in the premiums but on the base it is only the driver

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

Sponsored

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
There is a certain level of powered seats on the base models... I think it is a 4 or 6 way but the premium has 8 way plus the lumbar... both driver and passenger seats are powered in the premiums but on the base it is only the driver

Straight from ford.

6 way power plus lumbar drivers side standard
6 way power passenger seat standard

I'm on my phone so I'll link later. Or just go look it up. It's standard on all base models except the v6.

Edit:

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/trim/ecoboostfastback//viewall/

Right under equipment group 100a black and white.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Base V6 -- manual seats
V6, 051A -- driver's power seat
All ecoboost and gt's -- power drivers and passenger seat
No power on recaros

All powered seats have the same 6-way adjustable action, with power lumbar for the driver's seat.

STex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67,69 ram air and 72 GTO
One advantage I will give to power recline is the infinite adjustability you can get. In my '11 my seat back adjustment was limited by the detents of the seat back. Each adjustment was X number of degrees only. In my Taurus I'm able to make minute adjustments which really do make a difference in comfort.
That said I've been in several new Mustangs and I'm ok with the manual seatback.
This! First thing I noticed when I got in the new stang and tried to adjust the seat. A power recline helps you get the seating position just right. There is such a thing as a quick release lever to allow power recline seats to fold forward without the power switch, As if some one is really going to get in the back seat. My seating position (all the way back) put the seat close to touching the rear seat.

This is a long way from a track car stripped for weight. Also at six 3, I did not think the seat limits and accelerator position allowed me the proper spacing for my right leg. Something amiss there for my build that I do not find in the other two competitor coupes.

But still a nice coupe and way better than past years.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
The power recline would be helpful, not that it's hard work doing the lever action, but it's more about adjustability with me. The manual recline always seems like the position I want is halfway in between two settings.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I have been in 3 premium Mustangs and none of them had power recline.
Sponsored