lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2012 Mini Cooper S, 2018 Subaru Outback
Hi guys,

I am the owner of a brand new 2020 Shelby GT350. It just clocked 2,000 miles yesterday! In about a month I am going on a road trip from the East Coast to a few different parts of the Midwest, down to Kansas and back.

I am looking at putting around 4,000 miles on the vehicle with my itinerary so I want to perform an oil change and top off fluids before I take it out on the road.

Any recommendations for Ford Dealers with experience servicing Shelby GT350's in the Essex, Middlesex, Passaic, Sussex, Morris, Bergen, Union county area? Anywhere in the Northern NJ area really. I bought my vehicle from a dealer in PA so not super familiar with the Ford Dealers out here.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
All American Ford in Hackensack or Paramus does a lot of Shelby vehicles.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I would never use All American for service again. I have a 2016 GT and they overfilled oil by 2qt (10qt vs 8) and tried to convince me that's what it calls for. 2016 vs 2018 have very different oil capacities - I shouldn't have had to been the one to tell them that.

I'd steer clear.

Sponsored

OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
Which dealer did you end up using? How was the experience?
Just got back from a trip to Kansas City. Taking her in for a service this weekend at Verner Cadby in the Caldwell area. Will report back on here.

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just got back from a trip to Kansas City. Taking her in for a service this weekend at Verner Cadby in the Caldwell area. Will report back on here.
Yeah, please do let us us know. I'm ready for my first oil change for my Bullitt and looking for a really good dealer or independent service place experienced with Mustangs in the general area (Morris/Essex counties).

OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, please do let us us know. I'm ready for my first oil change for my Bullitt and looking for a really good dealer or independent service place experienced with Mustangs in the general area (Morris/Essex counties).
Verner Cadby is closed on Saturdays and Sundays so I called Beyer Ford in Morristown to see if they can get me in on Saturday. They were like sure and then asked me to check with their parts department to see if they will have everything (oil, filters) in stock to be able to do the oil change. I thought to myself shouldn't you be doing that?! Any ways so call the parts department and it goes to VM with a message saying this mailbox is not monitored please send an email to this email address. Im thinking C'mon man, I am going to pay you for the service cant you do this legwork on your own?

So I started thinking Ill just burn half a work day on Friday and go to Verner Cadby, atleast they didnt ask me to do an inventory check for essential parts. I have been daily driving the car since April so figured let me just check with Verner Cadby beforehand to see if they have everything they need to perform the service\oil change. I call their parts department, tell the guy I have a 2020 Shelby GT350 with 5.5k miles on it. I want to bring it in for a service\oil change, do you have all the requisite oil, filters etc in house so I dont have to leave the car there a few days while you source them for me. The parts guy on the phone goes, is your car supercharged? I was like no. Then he goes, what kind of engine do you have, can you give me your vin? I was like no I am work, its a 2020 Shelby GT350 fully stock. He then says whats the engine capacity. I go - 5.2 liter. He goes away for a second and says yes we have 2 filters here.

I own a Mini and a Subaru, this is the first Ford I have owned. Is this kind of incompetence to be expected or did I just hit 2 large potholes in a row? I plan on taking the car to Verner Cadby just because I want to take care of this but honestly I am going in with super low expectations. At this point I just hope they dont screw anything up.

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Verner Cadby is closed on Saturdays and Sundays so I called Beyer Ford in Morristown to see if they can get me in on Saturday. They were like sure and then asked me to check with their parts department to see if they will have everything (oil, filters) in stock to be able to do the oil change. I thought to myself shouldn't you be doing that?! Any ways so call the parts department and it goes to VM with a message saying this mailbox is not monitored please send an email to this email address. Im thinking C'mon man, I am going to pay you for the service cant you do this legwork on your own?

So I started thinking Ill just burn half a work day on Friday and go to Verner Cadby, atleast they didnt ask me to do an inventory check for essential parts. I have been daily driving the car since April so figured let me just check with Verner Cadby beforehand to see if they have everything they need to perform the service\oil change. I call their parts department, tell the guy I have a 2020 Shelby GT350 with 5.5k miles on it. I want to bring it in for a service\oil change, do you have all the requisite oil, filters etc in house so I dont have to leave the car there a few days while you source them for me. The parts guy on the phone goes, is your car supercharged? I was like no. Then he goes, what kind of engine do you have, can you give me your vin? I was like no I am work, its a 2020 Shelby GT350 fully stock. He then says whats the engine capacity. I go - 5.2 liter. He goes away for a second and says yes we have 2 filters here.

I own a Mini and a Subaru, this is the first Ford I have owned. Is this kind of incompetence to be expected or did I just hit 2 large potholes in a row? I plan on taking the car to Verner Cadby just because I want to take care of this but honestly I am going in with super low expectations. At this point I just hope they dont screw anything up.
Did you have it done today? What was the experience?

This is the exact poor response/customer service that I’ve been afraid of. I have just over 2K on my 2020 Bullitt and I’m literally afraid of bringing it to any dealer, and I don’t know or trust any local garages that have experience with my model. Honestly, I don’t trust that local places keep up on all the latest tech, etc. but it’s not their fault — how could they possibly be familiar with every car?

I’m willing to drive pretty far (50-75 miles?) and pay a significant premium for great, knowledgeable service. I’d gladly pay $200 for an oil change I could watch at a shop or dealer that fellow Mustang owners know, love and trust to service their GT, Bullitt or Shelby.

If you have a recommendation, please share. Or DM if you’re not comfortable posting your recommendation for whatever reason. Thanks in advance.

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I don’t trust that local places keep up on all the latest tech, etc.
Are you looking for a place that can diagnose electronics issues with your car or a place that will let you wander around your car while it's on the lift getting the oil changed?

Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Are you looking for a place that can diagnose electronics issues with your car or a place that will let you wander around your car while it's on the lift getting the oil changed?
Just regular maintenance, starting with my first oil change.

Again, if anyone has a recommendation for a shop they trust, please let me know. I am considering this shop based on reviews on Google:
https://www.shadetreegarage.com/

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
[

Give this place a look. I don't have any first hand experience with them but I have many customers who swear by them. Based on their recommendations I wouldn't have any reservations on bringing my 2020 Bullitt to them.

https://redlinespeedworx.com
Thanks, appreciate that -- will do! What did you mean by you have many customers who swear by them? Do you have a service business?

OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
Finally had the chance to take the car to a dealer and get the oil change and 1st service done. After a lot of research I decided to go to All American Ford in Old Bridge NJ.

I made the appt without giving them too much notice but was happy to leave the car for the week since my Cooper S is out of the shop so I have other means of getting around. When I dropped off the car however they said we could get it back to you in 1 day, which was awesome. The service advisor called the next day and I had the car back. The car advisor said they got a decent amount of Shelby GT350s in given their size so that gave me a little more confidence than the responses I had received from Vernon-Cadby (they said they didnt get many of these) and Beyer Ford (they asked me to call their parts dept and check if all the parts were in for the Oil change...).

Total Cost of the Oil Change and 1st Service was $0.00 because I had purchased an ESP (Maintenance Plan) from Ford when I purchased the vehicle.

Hope this feedback is helpful for people.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I would never use All American for service again. I have a 2016 GT and they overfilled oil by 2qt (10qt vs 8) and tried to convince me that's what it calls for. 2016 vs 2018 have very different oil capacities - I shouldn't have had to been the one to tell them that.

I'd steer clear.
I agree. All American in Paramus serviced my 16 (just once). They reversed the staggered wheels installing the rears up front. I asked them to install black Steeda lug nuts (replacing the chrome ones on the PP) it was a 15 minute discussion about "will they fit" and they left the original parts in my drivers seat. I've used Route 23 Ford for the 19 and they seem well organized and responsive.
Sponsored