Nitto NT555 G2

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just went to Tail of the Dragon for the first time this weekend. I am by no means the best driver in the world, but I can say that these tires did GREAT for me. I would NEVER have pushed my car as hard as I did with the stock PP Pirellis on it. Maybe someone who would have pushed the car harder would have found their limits, but I never did. My cousin with a 2012 Roush RS3 Phase 3 has the same tires he just got put on his and he loved them too. He was pushing his car harder than I was too.
Sponsored

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I just had a set installed on my car, same staggered setup as per factory, so far so good, they are round!!

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
OK, ebay deal expired, but I called them. They gave me $50 off and Nitto has an instant $40 rebate going right now. Shipped to the tire store with warranties for $509. NTB gets $30 per tire to mount and balance, and I'm sure there is a disposal fee too. Not too bad. $640-$650 for all 4. I paid that or more for 4 tires for my SN95 12 years ago.
Less than half what I just paid for MPSS!

I always wanted to try them though, so I splurged.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Everybody seems to be raving about these. I put a pair og G2's on the rear after the stock GT-PP Pirellis wore out. I'm not sensing the same overall improvement that everyone else is: I feel like the car is a a bit "wooly" in the rear; feel like they tramline a lot more. When aggressively taking off, there's a lot more attention-getting squeal: no bueno por los constabuleros. The Pirellis were much quieter when you're being rowdy. Overall my confidence level with these tires, with stock Pirellis in front (still got a bunch of tread left) has taken a hit.

They're not terrible; but I don't think I'll go for them again. Then again, maybe I'm doing something wrong? When they first were put on, the shop had them aired up to 35psi cold, and I felt pronounced wooliness. I later aired them down to the doorjamb specified 32psi: it did improve confidence levels, but not to OEM. No issues with the directionality of the installation or imbalance were noticed either. Any suggestions on tire pressures? What psi are you fine folks running with these G2's on GTPP's?

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
Everybody seems to be raving about these. I put a pair og G2's on the rear after the stock GT-PP Pirellis wore out. I'm not sensing the same overall improvement that everyone else is: I feel like the car is a a bit "wooly" in the rear; feel like they tramline a lot more. When aggressively taking off, there's a lot more attention-getting squeal: no bueno por los constabuleros. The Pirellis were much quieter when you're being rowdy. Overall my confidence level with these tires, with stock Pirellis in front (still got a bunch of tread left) has taken a hit.

They're not terrible; but I don't think I'll go for them again. Then again, maybe I'm doing something wrong? When they first were put on, the shop had them aired up to 35psi cold, and I felt pronounced wooliness. I later aired them down to the doorjamb specified 32psi: it did improve confidence levels, but not to OEM. No issues with the directionality of the installation or imbalance were noticed either. Any suggestions on tire pressures? What psi are you fine folks running with these G2's on GTPP's?

I completely agree, and before seeing this post, thought I was the only one that noticed this. I have the stock pirellis in front as well with the g2s in the rear. I am running 32 cold but have tried 34 cold and noticed no difference.

I think straightline traction is just fine, but during corners, confidence has most definately gone down. I don't know if this is because I have roadcoursed with multiple tires and cars, or what.

Interested to see what more people have to say.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
You both are running mis-matches tires and complaining? I think you need to give them an honest try with all 4 tires matching. Yes, it does make a difference.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have mine at 32 psi cold. I have noticed every once in a while some very brief squealing when I take off to make a turn from a stop where I wouldn't have expected any squealing. But in most of those situations, the stock PP tires were breaking loose and just slipping, not even gripping enough to make them squeal. While I'm sure they're not MPSS, I'm certainly happy enough with them in the 2500-ish miles I've driven on them for the price I paid for them.

foam27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm running them in a 275/35/20 squared setup and I love them so far.. Of course I'm upgrading from the base 235 pirellis so these are obviously going to be a big step up.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
So wanted to toss in some more info, now that we have more and more orders going in and out with these tires.

I have to say I love them the design is great, specs are awesome price is killer Imma have to say this is my #4 favorite tire now, which is pretty big since I stare at alot of tires all day lol.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
So wanted to toss in some more info, now that we have more and more orders going in and out with these tires.

I have to say I love them the design is great, specs are awesome price is killer Imma have to say this is my #4 favorite tire now, which is pretty big since I stare at alot of tires all day lol.
What's your #1, 2, 3?

Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
You both are running mis-matches tires and complaining? I think you need to give them an honest try with all 4 tires matching. Yes, it does make a difference.
Mismatching tires on the same axle is a no-no. I'm not doing that.

But having different tires front to rear? By that logic, a staggered setup is mismatched by definition.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Still no 305/35-20 --- the PERFECT size for 20" on a Mustang. :(

Nothing except M/T and Cooper (essentially the same tire). I think there's also a Goodyear tire, but that's too extreme.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic

I had a similar issue when I upgraded my GTPP rear tires from the stock Pirelli P Zero's to Continental ExtremeContact DW's. The back end seemed to be a little squirrely and I had pretty bad tramlining. Once I went with a square setup and had (essentially) new tires on all four corners, the tramlining went away and the rear end feels much better. Car still doesn't feel as rigid as the stock Pirelli's, but I think that's the soft sidewall on mine. I drove my friend's GT with NT555R's in the back and NT555's in the front and it felt much better.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still no 305/35-20 --- the PERFECT size for 20" on a Mustang. :(

Nothing except M/T and Cooper (essentially the same tire). I think there's also a Goodyear tire, but that's too extreme.
thats a tall ass tire! like over 28" tall lol no thanks
Sponsored