re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Thinkin about a 100 shot on my bone stock 5.0. Cant really see any downsides except maybe the cats getting a little to hot. Cant really see it hurting the car if I only use it every now and then. Input? Looking at a plate system with a Rpm switch.
Sponsored

Nitro_Bro

Got protein, bro?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BroLyfe
Vehicle(s)
So many cars, so little space.
Bro, there's nothing wrong with spraying on a Coyote..in fact, they love it! Just be sure and pull some timing and change the plugs to a nitrous-friendly plug though. Also, you should consider some other things to go with the kit..like a purge, bottle heater, and afr gauges come in handy..lmk if you need anything bro!

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Your cats are the only thing that will be an issue and they will let go.

I have been spraying coyotes for years and even have it on my 15 (not finished yet) It works!

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
What plugs do you recommend for the 100-150 hit?

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Hmmmm. Looks perfect for a daily driver. Power on demand....

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I have always wondered about nitrous and how you work the tuning situation. If your are tuned for nitrous does the car run like crap if you make pulls NA? Is there a quick way to switch things around? An example is if you DD your car and someone wants to race you but you don't feel the need to spray it and run them NA, can you still have a strong NA tune and then if you need to spray it, it still has the Nitrous tune. Couldn't think of a good way to ask that. Sorry if that's a messy way of explaining it.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
ive been looking at the base kits. how important is a bottle heater? seems really pricey, and i was just curious how important it is. Im kind of a noob when it comes to nitrous also. but ive really been tempted by the idea of a 100 or 150 shot. also do you think i need a boot a pump with a 100 or 150 shot since im on e85? Thanks

Sponsored

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
I have always wondered about nitrous and how you work the tuning situation. If your are tuned for nitrous does the car run like crap if you make pulls NA? Is there a quick way to switch things around? An example is if you DD your car and someone wants to race you but you don't feel the need to spray it and run them NA, can you still have a strong NA tune and then if you need to spray it, it still has the Nitrous tune. Couldn't think of a good way to ask that. Sorry if that's a messy way of explaining it.
I read that if the car is "bone stock" run a shot with no tune....

is this so?

If true, would nitrous be the "go to hit" for bang for the buck and simplicity?

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Definitely not! Only difference is the WOT part off the tune if running nitrous u need to pull timing 100 shot roughly 4deg get taken out

Nitro_Bro

Got protein, bro?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BroLyfe
Vehicle(s)
So many cars, so little space.
Any time you run nitrous you have to pull timing. The general rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50HP. Unlike the LS engine that use the LNC-2000, there's not really a good way to automatically pull timing on the coyote. More than likely, you'd have to use something like a diablo or SCT to do it. For spark plugs, use the Brisk RR14S. They are a great nitrous plug- although they are pricey.
Sponsored