nGUAGE Lund Racing issue when datalogging

angelverduzco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustan GT
Alright guys so I am new to the whole mustang world, I just purchased a 2018 GT about 2 weeks ago. I installed the jlt intake and got lund racing as my tuner. They sent me a base tune so i flashed it onto the car w/ no issues. Now when i try datalogging, 2-3 minutes in, the datalog freezes and stops. It tells me Lost vehicle communication. Has anyone ran into this issue before??
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Alright guys so I am new to the whole mustang world, I just purchased a 2018 GT about 2 weeks ago. I installed the jlt intake and got lund racing as my tuner. They sent me a base tune so i flashed it onto the car w/ no issues. Now when i try datalogging, 2-3 minutes in, the datalog freezes and stops. It tells me Lost vehicle communication. Has anyone ran into this issue before??
Did you buy the nGuage new or used? Is there any wobble between the port and plug or between the nGuage and wire? Seems like while your driving someyhing is coming loose.

OP
OP

angelverduzco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustan GT
Did you buy the nGuage new or used? Is there any wobble between the port and plug or between the nGuage and wire? Seems like while your driving someyhing is coming loose.
I bought it new from lethal performance. Everything is intact and i did talk to the guys that manufacture the nguage, they sent me a new cable and it still does the same issue. Could it be the OBDII port?

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
I bought it new from lethal performance. Everything is intact and i did talk to the guys that manufacture the nguage, they sent me a new cable and it still does the same issue. Could it be the OBDII port?

Could be the port. I assume the car is used. Did the previous owner have it tuned?

Sponsored

OP
OP

angelverduzco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustan GT
Any issues when connecting to the OBD port? If not, just sounds like a cable issue.
im assuming the obd port is good. it did flash the tune w/out any issues. and it cant be the cable because the manufactures sent me a new cable and it did the same issue.

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
im assuming the obd port is good. it did flash the tune w/out any issues. and it cant be the cable because the manufactures sent me a new cable and it did the same issue.
Only difference between the two is when you are flashing a tune, the car is sitting still, when you are logging, it isn't. Perhaps there is just enough vibration when driving that it is interrupting the connection between the cable and port. Because you are correct that if the nGauge can flash a tune, it isn't the port or the cable.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe it is a vibration thing with the nGauge. I was just doing some data logging with mine the other day and it would start logging without me touching it. I would stop the log and within a few minutes of driving it would start logging again on its own. Maybe the imperfections in the road are enough to cause the glitch and the nGauge screen is interpreting this as the screen being touched and starts logging. My nGauge was also purchased new and has only been used for about 700 miles. When I got it, it did have outdated FW and I updated it to the most current version.

OP
OP

angelverduzco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustan GT
Only difference between the two is when you are flashing a tune, the car is sitting still, when you are logging, it isn't. Perhaps there is just enough vibration when driving that it is interrupting the connection between the cable and port. Because you are correct that if the nGauge can flash a tune, it isn't the port or the cable.
Well you see, it freezes even when idle. Lund Racing sent me the base tune, I flashed it perfectly w no issues. They require me to log the car on idle 3-5 minutes and then rev to 1500,2500,3500 and so on. I cant get to the next steps before it freezes (WHILE IDLE). I talked to the guys from E-Motions and they basically told me to send the device to them. They had previously sent me a new cable to see if that fixed the problem but it did not.

OP
OP

angelverduzco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustan GT
Im going to Include some information directly from E-Motions on why this issue seems to occur.

Justin Regal (E-Motion)
Nov 13, 2020, 12:11 PM CST
I've seen a couple things cause it:

1) The cable is bad (not the case here it seems)
2) The cable took a good tug or was mounted plugged into the nGauge with a ton of force exerted on the socket, causing the socket to separate from the PCB it's mounted on
3) An aftermarket device tapped into the vehicle's CANbus causes communication conflicts (alarm systems seem to be the worst about this, aftermarket GPS/radio/dashcam, trailer brake control modules, insurance trackers, remote start kits, Ford Sixth Sense, etc...)

Other causes are exceedingly rare, but in the end it could be an unrelated internal issue in the nGauge.
Sponsored