Sponsored

Ngauge Question

dennis123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401a PP1
If I purchase an unmarried Lund Ngauge device from someone else, do I just need to purchase a tune from Lund and I will be good to go? I heard that they do not unlock married devices anymore. I have never tuned before so I'm not sure what else would I need.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If I purchase an unmarried Lund Ngauge device from someone else, do I just need to purchase a tune from Lund and I will be good to go? I heard that they do not unlock married devices anymore. I have never tuned before so I'm not sure what else would I need.
So.. when I bought an HP tuner unmarried Ngauge, Lund refused to sell me a tune since it was bought from HP tuner. I had to send back the HP tuner Ngauge and rebuy with Lund.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Have you reached out to Lund Racing?

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I have not, I guess I will ask them.
Prob the best course of action, would save you from buying the device and then find out they won't touch it. GL!

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
PBD will write a tune for it won’t they?

SmileForTheRearView

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have not, I guess I will ask them.
Have you gotten an answer on this? I have found a couple used for sell but am skeptical. If it’s a Lund ngauge then it should be easy process to buy new tune and have tuned for your car. If it’s an HP ngauge that’s where I’m wondering what the process is because of credits.

OP
OP

dennis123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401a PP1
Have you gotten an answer on this? I have found a couple used for sell but am skeptical. If it’s a Lund ngauge then it should be easy process to buy new tune and have tuned for your car. If it’s an HP ngauge that’s where I’m wondering what the process is because of credits.
I did contact Lund Racing and this was the answer I received.

"Please power up this nGauge device and press TUNING then press STATUS and after that please send a photo of the screen that it shows. It should give a index number and level number along with the status of the device. We need this for unlocking purposes"

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So.. when I bought an HP tuner unmarried Ngauge, Lund refused to sell me a tune since it was bought from HP tuner. I had to send back the HP tuner Ngauge and rebuy with Lund.
That's cause the HP tuners Ngauge isn't compatible with LUND software. You need to get a LUND Ngauge.

SmileForTheRearView

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's cause the HP tuners Ngauge isn't compatible with LUND software. You need to get a LUND Ngauge.
If that’s the case, and I was looking at a used one. If it says licensed for:Lund level 1 then it’s originally an HP tuner Ngauge right?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase