Sponsored

Jon Lund Jr. Discusses The Future of Tuning Modern Vehicles

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they use motorcycles with no license plates as the barricades, cops won't do anything to the bikes.
there's the first mistake. plow thru the bikes and better yet torch them. double-00 blast to the tank and toss in a road flare. The city has heavy duty trucks, heck snow plows, even gabage trucks and various military grade vehicles. Give the Army National something to do.

Put a gun-ship overhead and start firing and that'll be the end of that, pronto.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
those are tame too compared to the Dayton take over stuff, legit dangerous things. let me see if I can find a single video. a lot of it doesn't get put on videos, like the near car accidents, cars hitting each other, the fighting etc.. its pretty entertaining. im just waiting for tons of people to start being arrested and calling it covid crackdown.
there's the first mistake. plow thru the bikes and better yet torch them. double-00 blast to the tank and toss in a road flare. The city has heavy duty trucks, heck snow plows, even gabage trucks and various military grade vehicles. Give the Army National something to do.

Put a gun-ship overhead and start firing and that'll be the end of that, pronto.
they put all kinds of these speed bumps at previous locations where people go too, its like 1 time a car meet happens, bam 10 speed bumps, next place, 10 speed bumps, but look how much they destroy the roads.- this was all at one meet.

I was here too, but I parked behind a building, literally away from everyone else. this was the first location, then they moved to 2 others once got dark and police came out.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
those are tame too compared to the Dayton take over stuff, legit dangerous things. let me see if I can find a single video. a lot of it doesn't get put on videos, like the near car accidents, cars hitting each other, the fighting etc.. its pretty entertaining. im just waiting for tons of people to start being arrested and calling it covid crackdown.

they put all kinds of these speed bumps at previous locations where people go too, its like 1 time a car meet happens, bam 10 speed bumps, next place, 10 speed bumps, but look how much they destroy the roads.- this was all at one meet.

I was here too, but I parked behind a building, literally away from everyone else. this was the first location, then they moved to 2 others once got dark and police came out.
That all seems fun af. Wouldn't want my car around at all (like you) but I'd love to attend one. There's absolutely nothing like that by me. A bar I know gets together with the shopping district to block off the parking lot and hosts a big bi weekly car show, which is actually really cool, but also really tame. You're safe parking your car there.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That all seems fun af. Wouldn't want my car around at all (like you) but I'd love to attend one. There's absolutely nothing like that by me. A bar I know gets together with the shopping district to block off the parking lot and hosts a big bi weekly car show, which is actually really cool, but also really tame. You're safe parking your car there.
I bring my beater now, just isn't worth it, plus, I don't want to a the faster looking car, trust me, you want to keep a low profile leaving these events. don't want to be identifiable (grabber blue mustang) example, would be easy to confirm if you did anything via video etc.. a crappy car, no one would pay mind too.

I bring motorcycle too, because I can park between cars with no fear of it getting pelted with rocks, or behind cars parked by a building etc. pretty safe. but my mustang, blah its a sitting duck in terms of protecting. so many people get cars damaged from debris from burnouts/dougnuts

I hate the little Miata guys they are the worst, they will literally go down a row of cars (cars all around like 10 feet away) then start doing circle burnouts, throwing rocks at cars like 2 feet away. they give no shit.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
they put all kinds of these speed bumps at previous locations where people go too
you don't fight crime by being nice.

That said, the city has giant parking lots around stadiums (city-owned property?) that they could invite events like this to - they can find out who the primary organizers are, charge $5/person $20/car cover and let them have at it. Or large dirt fields to play in.

I still prefer the 1hr of helicopter time, and a fully automatic 30cal weapon. A couple seconds of fire and the lesson will have been learned. When blood stains the street, it tends to get one's attention.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you don't fight crime by being nice.

That said, the city has giant parking lots around stadiums (city-owned property?) that they could invite events like this to - they can find out who the primary organizers are, charge $5/person $20/car cover and let them have at it. Or large dirt fields to play in.

I still prefer the 1hr of helicopter time, and a fully automatic 30cal weapon. A couple seconds of fire and the lesson will have been learned. When blood stains the street, it tends to get one's attention.
they did this, actually Toys r us shut down, and was a MASSIVE lot, there was a neighboring building (like mattress place) they said we will rent the lot out, 5 bucks a person. had over a thousand cars. easy, everyone was tame, but cops came and shut it down, said they will not let groups gather like this, (they weren't even being bad) just sitting around, couple burnouts.

so after that, it pissed off a lot of the car guys, and they went rogue, they just find places, destroy it, repeat somewhere else next week, all summer long. 3 places a night, they actually scout these places in advance. its weird how much effort goes into finding places to host/have them run around to avoiding cops and crap.

oh I remember the cops saying people felt "threatened" by gathering car groups, and this was before covid.

oh and the burnouts, people do them so long, it rips holes into the asphalt, im talking, like 30 tire sized digits like 4 inches deep of tire marks on brand new roads. ive seen peoples paint get marred up from the rubber (poking wheels) shooting rubber all over their car. I don't know if its permanent, or if it buffs out. some people come with tape around quarter panels just for rubber protection

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
oh I remember the cops saying people felt "threatened" by gathering car groups, and this was before covid.
sounds like your police captain is a moron. Or it's the mayor's office.

How does that phrase go? "When peaceful protest is denied, violence follows" ?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like your police captain is a moron. Or it's the mayor's office.
its not my city, my city im glad doesn't host these events. I like my area/neighborhood. I am glad its like 15-25-30 minutes to attend the meets imo. my area is boring, but I like it that way
That's electromagnetic puls

Sounds like the city brought it on themselves.
pretty much, because there's always been large gatherings, and now covid, they won't let ANYONE gather, im talking little 20 car gatherings of friends, they come and tell them to leave, the malls tell them to leave, they say due to covid they can't allow hosting of any events like that.

last summer was also a bad one due to covid, I attended them but cops was there as soon as they started, like roaming around waiting. I expect this summer to be off the hook, you have car guys, with probably unemployment checks + stimulus money, modding their cars blowing $$$ and they are going to want to show them off.

I bet this year is absolutely lit

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
unemployment checks + stimulus money, modding their cars blowing $$$ and they are going to want to show them off.

I bet this year is absolutely lit
Hmm, does that mean the new price for a E85 tune and device is now $700? (1/2 a stimmy check).

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Hmm, does that mean the new price for a E85 tune and device is now $700?
So far 5 Star is still not ripping people off. They are mostly known in the truck community. Buy one tune for 125 and get other tunes for an additional 10 bucks.

93 tune 125, add E85 and add 87 tunes. Total price $145.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way and I cannot say if the tunes are any good.

I did have a 93 tune from them for my 2012 F150 5.0 that ran 14 flat at 98 Mph.

Edit for fat finger

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Sounds like a Grand 'Ol Time! ^^^^ Decline of Western Civilization Part 4.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
These A$$hat videos make me think Darwin's Theory on natural selection will come true for some of them...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not affiliated with them in any way and I cannot say if the tunes are any good.
I was making a joke...

But whatever you do, don't give a penny to SSI (southern speed). Their 93 tune for my 2.3EB was so bad I didn't dare drive it outside the business park lot.

Unleashed has done all of mine and he routinely has sales.
Sponsored