Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
All,

I want to start by stating that I am a first time Mustang owner, and really a first time N/A v8 motor owner as well. I of course told myself that I would take it slow with this car, and as we all know that was a lie. I bought the car (2018 A10 GT) at the end of April brand new with 43 miles. I now have 6,000 miles and have a completely new rim and tire set up, suspension mods, exhaust, and a tune. Long story short, I am going forced induction in about 2 months. I have done my fair share of research, and as much as I love the turbo feeling (I come from the BMW crowd, previously had a 400+rwhp N54 motor) and know they are the preferred route for massive gains. I also understand the Pro Charger has more of a turbo power curve, but have heard great things about the power on demand with a supercharged set up and I love the fact Roush and Whipple are willing to warranty their product. With that being said I have never owned a supercharged car, and have narrowed it down to Roush Stage 2 and Whipple's new blower for the 2018. From what I gathered the Whipple is supposed to have a great new cooling system. I'm not looking for anything like 800-1000+ as this is my daily driver. I would like a nice 700 or so which looks attainable with the right tune on either blower package. As the date gets closer to me pulling the trigger on this thing, I would love any thoughts that anyone with experience with either package could give. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Adam
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Whipple on mine and love it. Bolt on the stage 2 kit and you are good to go with your power goals.

I'm not a fan of the roush but that is more due to aesthethics more than anything else.

If you are thinking you want the tvs route, I would take a look at the new Edelbrock over the roush.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We're huge fans of the Whipple setup and actually run the 3rd 2018 kit ever produced. Can't say enough about how nice of a kit they put together. We've done several reviews on the kit and have some legit dyno and track numbers to back it's performance up. If you're looking for a turn key kit that's 50 state legal their complete kit is the way to go. If you're wanting some better drag strip performance or see yourself running different fuel types down the road then we can easily put together a custom tuned kit which will include everything you need to support the power you're looking to make.

Check out a few of the videos we've done and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. We're here to help!

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Whipple on mine and love it. Bolt on the stage 2 kit and you are good to go with your power goals.

I'm not a fan of the roush but that is more due to aesthethics more than anything else.

If you are thinking you want the tvs route, I would take a look at the new Edelbrock over the roush.
Thanks for the feed back. I'm right there with you, I think the Whipple looks ten times better, but I know I would catch a lot of bad rap on here by basing my purchase on looks haha. I actually did check out the Edelbrock kit the other day, but it looked like it was down on power compared to both Roush and Whipple. I do love how it basically bolts on and uses the factory air box and what not. Thanks for the feed back...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
We're huge fans of the Whipple setup and actually run the 3rd 2018 kit ever produced. Can't say enough about how nice of a kit they put together. We've done several reviews on the kit and have some legit dyno and track numbers to back it's performance up. If you're looking for a turn key kit that's 50 state legal their complete kit is the way to go. If you're wanting some better drag strip performance or see yourself running different fuel types down the road then we can easily put together a custom tuned kit which will include everything you need to support the power you're looking to make.

Check out a few of the videos we've done and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. We're here to help!

That is good to know as Whipple is and remains my #1 on this project. As of right now with my power goals, I think I would probably stay E93 as E85 is unfortunately not the easiest to get in Charlotte. It is my daily so I would think the turn key kit with a good tune should bring a smile to my face. I know people say "I only want 700 or so WHP", and then months later they need that fix again, and want to go really aggressive. I am not in that boat, as I know I will be fine with 700 in a daily car. Do you run any special pricing for forum members? I'm going to buy no later than early to mid December. Thank you for your feed back, and I will check out the videos as well.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
That is good to know as Whipple is and remains my #1 on this project. As of right now with my power goals, I think I would probably stay E93 as E85 is unfortunately not the easiest to get in Charlotte. It is my daily so I would think the turn key kit with a good tune should bring a smile to my face. I know people say "I only want 700 or so WHP", and then months later they need that fix again, and want to go really aggressive. I am not in that boat, as I know I will be fine with 700 in a daily car. Do you run any special pricing for forum members? I'm going to buy no later than early to mid December. Thank you for your feed back, and I will check out the videos as well.
We do indeed offer discounts for forums members. Feel free to PM me or just give a call in and we'll be glad to speak to you about the setup and your goals. Also be sure to be on the lookout as our Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals will be announced shortly and you can bet that Whipple will be included.

Thanks!

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
All,

I want to start by stating that I am a first time Mustang owner, and really a first time N/A v8 motor owner as well. I of course told myself that I would take it slow with this car, and as we all know that was a lie. I bought the car (2018 A10 GT) at the end of April brand new with 43 miles. I now have 6,000 miles and have a completely new rim and tire set up, suspension mods, exhaust, and a tune. Long story short, I am going forced induction in about 2 months. I have done my fair share of research, and as much as I love the turbo feeling (I come from the BMW crowd, previously had a 400+rwhp N54 motor) and know they are the preferred route for massive gains. I also understand the Pro Charger has more of a turbo power curve, but have heard great things about the power on demand with a supercharged set up and I love the fact Roush and Whipple are willing to warranty their product. With that being said I have never owned a supercharged car, and have narrowed it down to Roush Stage 2 and Whipple's new blower for the 2018. From what I gathered the Whipple is supposed to have a great new cooling system. I'm not looking for anything like 800-1000+ as this is my daily driver. I would like a nice 700 or so which looks attainable with the right tune on either blower package. As the date gets closer to me pulling the trigger on this thing, I would love any thoughts that anyone with experience with either package could give. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Adam
You mention warranty. Thats kind of a gimmick or at least for the long term. If you search enough even the guys that are completely positive on the Whipple tune eventually change to a 3rd party tune after spending lots of time back and forth with Whipple trying to perfect their tune. I’ve also heard the Roush tune isn’t the greatest either. Once you go with a 3rd party tune the warranties are out the window.

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
You mention warranty. Thats kind of a gimmick or at least for the long term. If you search enough even the guys that are completely positive on the Whipple tune eventually change to a 3rd party tune after spending lots of time back and forth with Whipple trying to perfect their tune. I’ve also heard the Roush tune isn’t the greatest either. Once you go with a 3rd party tune the warranties are out the window.
10/4 that makes since. I'm already running a custom tune so it's going to be out the door regardless for me. Warranty is not a huge issue as fortunately I never buy something I can't afford to replace or fix. I love how you see a lot of people asking questions about mods, tunes, and what not but always end the question with "will it void my warranty" I'm glad you cleared that up for me because I have not looked deep into what each warranty details. I was just shocked initially that they warranty the blower, and it made me think that it is a reliable option on a conservative tune for a daily driver.

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
We do indeed offer discounts for forums members. Feel free to PM me or just give a call in and we'll be glad to speak to you about the setup and your goals. Also be sure to be on the lookout as our Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals will be announced shortly and you can bet that Whipple will be included.

Thanks!
10/4 I appreciate the help. I will definitely give you a call.

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
There is no Roush phase 2 supercharger for the 2018+ yet.

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
There is no Roush phase 2 supercharger for the 2018+ yet.
okay good information. I thought it was just a few parts and a different tune. How is yours treating you so far? Are you running 93 or 85?

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
okay good information. I thought it was just a few parts and a different tune. How is yours treating you so far? Are you running 93 or 85?
I'm on 93 pump gas. I may go with a PBD E85 tune next year. The car runs and drives great. I haven't had the time to take the car to the track, been too busy with work.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We have both roush and whipple superchargers for the 18 in stock. Whipple we have tuner kits and complete kits with no wait as well! We can also offer installation as well although we are a few weeks out currenlty.

As far as which unit really comes down to driving style and goals.

Locally with our Partners at Finish Line and Beechmont we have done about 20 installs on 18s already, so not only do we help out the guys with pricing, but we also can assist with any questions that come up during installation. Not only great pricing, but 8 to 10 seven days a week customer service! And when it comes to superchargers, your never pawned off on some sales guy, you deal directly with me, whether day, night, after hours, weekends, holidays!

when your spending this much $ on a kit! Service is just as important!

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on 93 pump gas. I may go with a PBD E85 tune next year. The car runs and drives great. I haven't had the time to take the car to the track, been too busy with work.
Good stuff, enjoy. It is my daily so I’m looking for something conservative but fast enough if that makes since. Maybe hellcat numbers in a much better looking s550 pony.
Sponsored