New wheels!

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I wanted to save my PP wheels and tires for autocross, so I bought a set of DD 19x9 wheels from Optimum Performance with Cooper Zeon RS3A's. I really like them - I liked the PP wheels, but there are so many out there I wanted something a bit different.

Of course the GF preferred the black PP wheels, so I guess maybe she'll have to come out to autocross if she really wants to see them!
20160807_165634.jpg
20160807_165640.jpg
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
John. Did you do a weight comparison vs the pp wheel? ..nice rim there by the way!

OP
OP
Ugly John

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
John. Did you do a weight comparison vs the pp wheel? ..nice rim there by the way!

No, but I'll be putting the PP wheels back on this weekend for autoX, so I'll pull out the old bathroom scale and get those numbers to you.

Hase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT Performance Package
I'd be curious what you think of the coopers. I have been looking at them as a replacement for the pirelli's on my PP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ugly John

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
When I first got them they were pretty slick, but that has gone away after a day or two. I've been with the GF all weekend, so I haven't really driven hard since. I should have a chance tomorrow and I'll let you know.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
No, but I'll be putting the PP wheels back on this weekend for autoX, so I'll pull out the old bathroom scale and get those numbers to you.
Ok. Look forward to that.thx

OP
OP
Ugly John

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I'd be curious what you think of the coopers. I have been looking at them as a replacement for the pirelli's on my PP.
Well, I had a chance to get on them a bit today since I had no minivans or broken down pickup POS's in front of me when getting on the highway.

In short - I was impressed! Very good dry traction while accelerating hard around the curve. It felt like the rear was getting just a hair loose towards the end of it. Loose probably isn't the right word. It felt like they were telling me that they were doing about all they could, but it was a very smooth feeling. No surprises, and no sudden loss of traction. Smooth enough that I didn't get off the gas.

Honestly I really like the feel of them compared to the stock PP wheels, and I'm running square 19x9's with 255/40-19's. I really can't tell that I'm running less rubber in the back.

Haven't hit rain with them yet, so I can't tell you about wet traction.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
What size tires are you running ?

Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Nice wheels, but mine wandered and had a terrible feel overall on the Coopers. I gave up on the all season idea.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
What size tires are you running ?
Link to wheels?
John went with a square set up so 19x9 wheels and 255-40/19 Cooper Zeon RS3-A's. He can rotate them normally to maximize wear. It's a reasonably priced wheel and tire package for daily driving and being all-season performance tires really good for Florida Rain Storms.

I have yet to put them on our site. You can email us through our website or PM me.

I'm just happy to see them on his car, when I saw the wheels I knew they were going to pop on RR.

OP
OP
Ugly John

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Tim also offered PP replica wheels in matte black, chrome, or hyper-silver, as well as these wheels in the gunmetal, matte black or hyper-silver.

I could have also gone with 19x10 wheels with 275's, but I really didn't need that much wheel for a DD.

And even better - these fit perfectly over the Brembo's.
Sponsored