Sponsored

New to me Bullitt, w/E85 Steeda Tune, Subframe brace etc

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
New here. Got me a Bullitt from a local dealer. A bit more than what I wanted to pay for, but was the only one available locally at the time. Always wanted one, ever since it was released. Car came with a poor-man ported throttle body, that had the connector zip tied around the throttle body. Tried out a Soler Performance throttle body and it was fun. But gave me random fails and figured I need to get a tune for it. When to me local Ford dealer and got a F150 throttle body connector from a salvaged truck and no more zip ties needed. I ordered the actual connectors online from various sources and none were good.

So the car came with a nice welded on X-pipe. Sounds nice to me. No drone on the highway with Quiet mode on.

Soler throttle body has a different sound, which is pleasing. Throttle response was nice too........when it worked. Bought a new "bullitt" throttle body and riding with that one for a week now. So all three throttle bodies produced a different sound. My kids like the Soler sound, whereas I like stock throttle body sound.
Bought like 6 Tunes for the SCT BDX tuner. So far I like the performance gain and feel of Steeda. The E85 tune is the one to have, if you like uber torque. Sound is deeper too with the E85.

In "normal" mode the under and oversteer wasn't acceptable to me. In "track" mode it was better. But not enough for my taste. So I got the Steeda Low-profile jacking rails, rear subframe support braces and the extreme G-Trac K-member brace. Now I enjoy the car every time I see a corner.

Read on another forum about adding spacers underneath the accelerator. Now when I engage the brakes, the accelerator and brake pedal are at the same height, for some heel/toe action.

Installed the Ford performance oil separator for the passenger side. I need to make a hose, for the driver side to fit properly.
DSC_4923~2.JPG

DSC_4807.JPG
DSC_5210.JPG

DSC_5198.JPG
DSC_4963~2.JPG
DSC_5206.JPG
DSC_5203.JPG
DSC_4681.JPG
DSC_4689.JPG
DSC_5224.JPG
Sponsored

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
Nice car! Bullitts are the ultimate s550 highway cruiser. I’m sure you can make use of in TX.

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice car! Bullitts are the ultimate s550 highway cruiser. I’m sure you can make use of in TX.
Thanks. Yes the Bullitt is a nice highway cruiser and my kids enjoy cruising with me around town.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The fabrication on that X pipe looks really nice :sunglasses:

1688024117474.png

Is it just an illusion, or does that resonator delete also have a H style crossover ? (Or is it just a brace ?) :

1688024182292.png

WD :like:

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fabrication on that X pipe looks really nice :sunglasses:

1688024117474.png

Is it just an illusion, or does that resonator delete also have a H style crossover ? (Or is it just a brace ?) :

1688024182292.png

WD :like:
They way that mid pipe is welded, you would definitely think it was an H-Pipe towards the end. But is just a brace that was nicely welded.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I'm not the tallest person in the world, I opted to get a aluminum clutch pedal extension. So much better having to be able to sit back further.

DSC_5360.JPG

DSC_5361.JPG

DSC_5362.JPG

DSC_5366.JPG

DSC_5367.JPG

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Ford Performance Oil-Air Separator today. Just had to make a new hose for from the cylinder head to the catch can.

DSC_5652 (2).JPG

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Steeda 2 piece brake rotors front and back. Used the Z26 braked pads.

The boxes that these rotors are shipped in are just crap. Shame on Steeda. The the boxes that comes with the rotors you get from Autozone are way more durable.

Anyways, the braking improvement over stock is great. Buttdyno states better acceleration. Driving "feel" has also changed. The brake pads are way better vs stock. I can modulate the brakes way more and I feel the braking distance has shortened, using the same brake pressure as before. Stopping from 100+mph is way better with these brake pads.
Steeda's advertised weight and dimensions of the rotors are on point.

1.JPG

DSC_6778~2.JPG
DSC_6779.JPG
DSC_6787.JPG

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I swapped out the "Green" filter to a K&N filter. The K&N is a better built product over the Green air filter. Supposedly the Green filter "flows" more air over other oiled filters, which might be true based on some tests that can be found on the internet. But the K&N has more layers for filtration.

DSC_6845.JPG
DSC_6847.JPG
DSC_6848.JPG
DSC_6857.JPG

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Installed the Steeda 2 piece brake rotors front and back. Used the Z26 braked pads.

The boxes that these rotors are shipped in are just crap. Shame on Steeda. The the boxes that comes with the rotors you get from Autozone are way more durable.

Anyways, the braking improvement over stock is great. Buttdyno states better acceleration. Driving "feel" has also changed. The brake pads are way better vs stock. I can modulate the brakes way more and I feel the braking distance has shortened, using the same brake pressure as before. Stopping from 100+mph is way better with these brake pads.
Steeda's advertised weight and dimensions of the rotors are on point.

1.JPG

DSC_6778~2.JPG
DSC_6779.JPG
DSC_6787.JPG
How did the brake fluid look? Did you end up flushing the system out and adding new fluid?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did the brake fluid look? Did you end up flushing the system out and adding new fluid?
The fluid still looked good. I bled the system and the brake pedal pressure is still strong. But I will be flushing out the brake system this weekend with Motul RBF 600.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at those as well. But I don't feel that I need them at all, even with me braking as hard as I do at times. I need a neck brace with the stock brake lines already. So going with the better brake lines, I would need to work out my neck muscles even more at the gym. But those brake lines are "cheap" enough to add them on my next brake pad change.

OP
OP
Snellemin

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock rear brake pads on top and the Z26 on the bottom.

DSC_6841.JPG

DSC_6785.JPG

Rear rotors

DSC_6792.JPG
DSC_6794.JPG

Front Rotor

DSC_6791.JPG

DSC_6793.JPG

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are those supposed to keep the brake dust to a minimum? The factory ones create a lot of dust.
Sponsored