Sponsored

New Tires

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
The stock tires are expensive and aren't great for the street or rain, if I keep stock size, I have literally not many options, what tire sizes / aspect ration can be used without throwing off the odometers? Do they sell rims/tire packages anywhere that will fit, that don't require extra spacers? I think cheapest rim I found was like 600 bucks plus per rim, there has to be more options that that?

Really looking for an all season tire that wont be nearly 2k for a set of 4, and will mess with odometer.... or as minimal as possible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I agree with Jason and Dave above, Pilot Super Sports are a good choice.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I disagree, I think the Pilot Cup 2 (non-r) are amazing. Anyhow, the point I'm trying to drive is I do believe the Pilot Cup 2 (non-r) are perfect for the street and also the track. They are equivalent in hydroplaning resistance as the PSS. I believe we can quote Michelin on that statement. It only becomes unsafe when your inner shoulder tire thread wears down and when your outer shoulder's features are gone. That's when you dedicate these tires to only sunny days and track time.

However, if you're looking for another alternative to a less grip tire compound then the P4S is your next choice. PSS are on back order last someone looked into this.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Im looking more for an all season tire guys, pretty sure the SS are pretty bad below 45 degrees... I may even be driving in some light snow. Cup 2 and SS are great summer times, but wont really fit my need.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
For all-season, I think the biggest you get is 285 in 19” width. Michelin A/S 3 are popular. Pilot Sport All Season 4 are new I think.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I disagree, I think the Pilot Cup 2 (non-r) are amazing.
I totally agree... those tires are amazing. I switched due to tread depth & life... I have lost grip due to the change.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
For all-season, I think the biggest you get is 285 in 19” width. Michelin A/S 3 are popular. Pilot Sport All Season 4 are new I think.
Would the 285 35 / 19 fit both front and rear stock rims without any sort of adjustments, spacers, etc etc?

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I think you'd be happier / better off with dedicated winter tires on separate wheels personally.... you put all seasons on and you lose a huge amount of performance. I guess it depends on how you use the car though.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think you'd be happier / better off with dedicated winter tires on separate wheels personally.... you put all seasons on and you lose a huge amount of performance. I guess it depends on how you use the car though.
He should dedicate those OEM Non-R wheels to winter duty and reach out to 50 Deep for a wonderful set for the summer.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Would the 285 35 / 19 fit both front and rear stock rims without any sort of adjustments, spacers, etc etc?
yes. Those fit a 9.5-11” rim. You would not need spacers or any changes. Mount the tires and go.

Note that the tires on the 11” rims would be pretty stretched. I would probably look to a cheap set of wheels in a smaller size if you wanted to run a narrower tire. But, you could run those tires on the stock rims if you really felt like it. Some people like the stretched look. I am just not one of them.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
He should dedicate those OEM Non-R wheels to winter duty and reach out to 50 Deep for a wonderful set for the summer.
Anyplace sell decent looking rims that arent 600 a pop? I couldnt seem to find any on the usual sites like AM, etc

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Anyplace sell decent looking rims that arent 600 a pop? I couldnt seem to find any on the usual sites like AM, etc
Not for this car man, not for this car. You'd regret it anyways. Any cheap wheel is gonna look just as cheap. Anyone that makes cheap wheels typically aren't making anything in these sizes, which rules out this market. Most cars/communities with this size wheel and tire also aren't shopping for cheap wheels. As far as I know, about the cheapest option you may have would be Project 6GR, and I'm unfamiliar with their prices. That's about as cheap of a wheel (and I'm not talking price) I'd be willing to go.

Just making a hopeful assumption here, but are you shopping for cheap a** wheels just to have a dedicated winter set? If not, based on your standards for wheels and tires, I have a feeling you may just be in the wrong car.
Sponsored