New Tires not sure which route to go

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I am at about 8500 miles on my GTPP with original tires and it's getting to be that time when I need to get new rear tires. Fronts are of course still full of life wherein lies my problem. I want to switch to Michelin Pilot Super Sports on all 4 corners when they all wear out. Has anyone hit 15000-20000 in a GTPP yet to see how much life the front tires have? I'm going to bite the bullet and get another set of Pirelli's for now.
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Yikes! Really? New tires at 8500 miles? Guess I am not hardcore enough. I would feel like I had been really cheated to be spending another $600 on rear tires already.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I thought the BFG Comp G2 tires were excellent on my M3, especially for the price. When my Pirellis go, I will get these on my GTPP.

OP
OP
P4RKER

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I'm about 75% of the way to the "replace now" point in the treads so not quite time to replace but very soon. I am stoked to get the new michelins but I can't justify scrapping the fronts when they are nowhere near as worn down. I don't think I have driven too agressively. Never did any burnouts or taken corners sideways and I have tried to baby these expensive things. But it's just too much fun the other way. :headbang:

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I bought new rears from tire rack since they have a great deal going. Under 200 a tire. I was in the same boat as you. I didn't want to scrap the fronts just because I burned through the rears. Mine were toast at about 9k as well. Pretty much bald in the center. I'm at about 11k now, the fronts seem fine and should last till 20k but it will all depend on how the shoulders wear. Maybe sooner if they wear too much.

I will be very happy to get rid of the pirellis. the grip is fine but the sidewalls suck for this heavy of a car. never had a sidewall fold on me with almost 40 psi in the tire.

OP
OP
P4RKER

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I had some fun finishing up the rears and it happened to kill off the fronts to an acceptable level for replacement. I recommend the Michelin Super Sports as they have been incredible for launches and cornering. Just don't go through belle tire. They will order the wrong tires then screw up your wheels and redline your car. All while beinging absolute pricks.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yea I'll probably be going with the PSS's when these rears go out. I would prefer to go with an Extreme summer tire but there is nothing in OEM sizes or even anywhere near stock circumferences unfortunately :/

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I am at about 8500 miles on my GTPP with original tires and it's getting to be that time when I need to get new rear tires. Fronts are of course still full of life wherein lies my problem. I want to switch to Michelin Pilot Super Sports on all 4 corners when they all wear out. Has anyone hit 15000-20000 in a GTPP yet to see how much life the front tires have? I'm going to bite the bullet and get another set of Pirelli's for now.
Mount the fronts to the rear....deploy line lock and take some fun pics!! Burn em off!!!!!!!! lmao !! I would do it!!

OP
OP
P4RKER

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Mount the fronts to the rear....deploy line lock and take some fun pics!! Burn em off!!!!!!!! lmao !! I would do it!!
LOL good idea. Got it covered already though. These cars should be illegal they are so much fun. Everyday I arrive at work I have to sit in my car until I can remind myself that real life isn't that much fun... until I start her back up that is.

Sponsored

Stang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium PP
What do you guys think about Yokohama? They are pretty reasonably priced.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
do a search for ratings... it depends what tires you are looking at?? Reviews on these are terrible: Yokohama ADVAN A10A Hard, noisy, wear fast. slipping in corners etc! General rule of thumb with tires...you get what you pay for. If you drive like an old man buy cheap tires! Performance tires are what the Mustang needs!

Just MHO !!

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
I too just purchased a new set of tires, picked up the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I keep hearing about. I'm at about 8k miles and need the fronts replaced (they were the rears but so little tread they didn't grip well enough for rwd). Let this be a lesson on the importance of getting your car aligned after installing lowering springs. I unfortunately waited longer than I should have and my toe was off by a decent amount, which caused the premature wear (plus a little bit of line lock use..). Anyway I decided to go with the pss because everyone raves about them. Hopefully the $1042 shipped + the cost of mounting for all 4 is worth the investment. Luckily there's a $70 Michelin rebate to ease the burn slightly lol.

OP
OP
P4RKER

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I too just purchased a new set of tires, picked up the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I keep hearing about. I'm at about 8k miles and need the fronts replaced (they were the rears but so little tread they didn't grip well enough for rwd). Let this be a lesson on the importance of getting your car aligned after installing lowering springs. I unfortunately waited longer than I should have and my toe was off by a decent amount, which caused the premature wear (plus a little bit of line lock use..). Anyway I decided to go with the pss because everyone raves about them. Hopefully the $1042 shipped + the cost of mounting for all 4 is worth the investment. Luckily there's a $70 Michelin rebate to ease the burn slightly lol.
They are beyond worth it! I love these tires and will never be purchasing anything else for this Mustang.