Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
I hear Siri and Alexa are going to battle it out in nude oil wrestling!

Alex Baldwin to MC

Reactions: 113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I was always concerned about this when Ford announced they were concentrating on their internal SYNC 3 development over Android Auto and CarPlay. In interviews it sounded like the canned responses were because Ford had initially wanted to fight against their head units being overtaken by Google and Apple. This is, of course, just my interpretation.

Truth be told, this seemed like it was the position of many automakers for a while. But most of the other automakers got wise fairly quickly that you can't block progress, and the tech companies are larger, so fighting them is a fool's errand. Ford was late to come to this realization and now we all suffer for it.

Dumb play by them. At least they moved quickly enough to get the 2017s to have it, still not fast enough.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thats me on friday waiting till almost midnight so sync3 can check for updates
IMG_0490.JPG

Popcorn

Loves His Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium DIB with Black Accents
saw this in a F150 forum for the same topic: Anyone heard of this???

So apparently the 2.0 update is rolling out to 2016 vehicles. I know a guy with a 16 Mustang with Sync 3.0 and he got an email last week saying it was coming out but could take 12-24 days for the update to show up. Requirements: Must have Sync 3 connected to WIFI and you must have updates turned on.

A few days after he got the email, he started his Mustang and was told the update was downloading.

Sponsored

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
saw this in a F150 forum for the same topic: Anyone heard of this???

So apparently the 2.0 update is rolling out to 2016 vehicles. I know a guy with a 16 Mustang with Sync 3.0 and he got an email last week saying it was coming out but could take 12-24 days for the update to show up. Requirements: Must have Sync 3 connected to WIFI and you must have updates turned on.

A few days after he got the email, he started his Mustang and was told the update was downloading.
Can you post that email here?

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Without seeing the actual text of an email from Ford methinks this is a bullshit story.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Id be curious to see a snapshot of this 1.7 they keep talking about

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Nothing on Ford owner sites... Still 1.0 since 2015.
i call BS, especially with no pictures, no nothing. i would figure someone as excited as us about this crap would immediately share something to show the good news.
Welcome December, thank you Ford for not giving a shit about your customers. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
According to the dealer that was quoted several pages back, tomorrow is the tentative rollout date. I plan to call my dealer tomorrow just to see if they have anything new to say.

Reactions: 113

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Any lawyers here? Do you think we have a strong case to file a law suit against Ford? If it weren't for support for Android Auto, I would have gotten a BMW.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
According to the dealer that was quoted several pages back, tomorrow is the tentative rollout date. I plan to call my dealer tomorrow just to see if they have anything new to say.
Can you relay any info you get from them here? Or maybe make a video about this whole fiasco by Ford if they don't pull through with an update by the end of the year?

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Any lawyers here? Do you think we have a strong case to file a law suit against Ford? If it weren't for support for Android Auto, I would have gotten a BMW.
Not really. You might get a class action lawsuit, it might even win. But all you'd do is make a couple of lawyers really rich and MAYBE get $100 out of it, if you were lucky. This will probably be my first and last Ford anyway (nothing to do with android auto or the car), so while I want it I'm not going to stress over it.

paulrkiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT premium
I've basically, although no happy about it, accepted that although I was promised by my dealer prior to purchase it would get apple carplay that we very likely won't.
Sponsored