Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mine is as posted a few posts above, 18025.

So I'll go ahead and download this update and apply it later today.

Thanks

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Update: After several days and nights at various hours and on 3 PCs with 5 browsers, with and without extensions with and without cookies cleared I always end up here with a spinning circle in the center no matter how many hours that tab sits and spins (see below).

I used chat on the Ford Owner site and all they would do is say they would make a note of it. When asked if there was anything else I asked when I would hear anything and they disconnected. So I called instead and after the typical "Everyone has the same problem since the hurricane, so please just be patient while we fix things" I eventually convinced them its not true that everyone was having the problem and they opened a case at the next level.

Question: in the dozens of log-ons to the Ford Owner site 90% of the time the site recognized me and logged me on from saved credentials. The other 10% and not just immediately after clearing all cookies, I got bounced to an IBM.Cloud login that asked for my email and Ford account password. I know my email is NOT my ID on Ford Owners but I entered it anyway and no go. So I entered my ID instead of my email and it logged me on and sent me to the page below the same as if I did not get put thru the IBM.Cloud Ford page.

My gut says this is some problem with my account. I've had the account for about 10 years so maybe various changes they made over the years finally choked on something. I hope they can figure it out.

Never had any trouble checking for updates before and have done so many times over the last 3 years. Now all I get is this:

upload_2019-9-30_17-6-4.png

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Update: After several days and nights at various hours and on 3 PCs with 5 browsers, with and without extensions with and without cookies cleared I always end up here with a spinning circle in the center no matter how many hours that tab sits and spins (see below).

I used chat on the Ford Owner site and all they would do is say they would make a note of it. When asked if there was anything else I asked when I would hear anything and they disconnected. So I called instead and after the typical "Everyone has the same problem since the hurricane, so please just be patient while we fix things" I eventually convinced them its not true that everyone was having the problem and they opened a case at the next level.

Question: in the dozens of log-ons to the Ford Owner site 90% of the time the site recognized me and logged me on from saved credentials. The other 10% and not just immediately after clearing all cookies, I got bounced to an IBM.Cloud login that asked for my email and Ford account password. I know my email is NOT my ID on Ford Owners but I entered it anyway and no go. So I entered my ID instead of my email and it logged me on and sent me to the page below the same as if I did not get put thru the IBM.Cloud Ford page.

My gut says this is some problem with my account. I've had the account for about 10 years so maybe various changes they made over the years finally choked on something. I hope they can figure it out.

Never had any trouble checking for updates before and have done so many times over the last 3 years. Now all I get is this:

Took 3 browsers for me. Firefox worked yesterday for me to download 19205 from Ford's site. I definitely understand your frustration. A big company like Ford should have better IT and web designers. Shit was a nightmare.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Mine worked just fine yesterday.
And, to my surprise, the update installed as intended with no extra steps! No more Mem_03 errors!

However, it did not create a .xml file for me to upload, but I did get a .log file ... so that's new.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine worked just fine yesterday.
And, to my surprise, the update installed as intended with no extra steps! No more Mem_03 errors!

However, it did not create a .xml file for me to upload, but I did get a .log file ... so that's new.
@TexasRebel I can't figure out what Mustang you have. Below your icon is says GT PP2 but the picture is 2015-17 (before any PP2 model).

If you do have a 2016 GT (Premium with NAV), any chance I can get a copy of the download? And are you saying you downloaded the file from your Ford Owner account os got it some other way?

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10

I get the same circle for my 2018 GT.
I have Nav and some have said it's for non-Nav systems. Others say it's for all. I tried to do a chat, but there was a 10 min. wait.
I went out to my car and tried to get it over wi-fi. It gave me a similar circle, but it stopped and said it couldn't check and try later.....usually it says no update or I'm up to date or something.
Weird thing when I stated driving a pop up said sirius update complete. ??
Guess I'll just wait and see if it ever works.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
@TexasRebel I can't figure out what Mustang you have. Below your icon is says GT PP2 but the picture is 2015-17 (before any PP2 model).

If you do have a 2016 GT (Premium with NAV), any chance I can get a copy of the download? And are you saying you downloaded the file from your Ford Owner account os got it some other way?
2016 GT w/Performance Pack and the FRPP Power Pack 2

Non-Nav. One of the reasons I bought a '16 without nav was the promise of apple carplay... which eventually was made good.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2016 GT w/Performance Pack and the FRPP Power Pack 2

Non-Nav. One of the reasons I bought a '16 without nav was the promise of apple carplay... which eventually was made good.
DoH! forgot about the Performance Packs.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
Logged into Ford Owner today and got this. First update in awhile. 2017 Mustang Eco non-Nav.
2017 Eco.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's a miracle. On the 100 plus try in the last week plus the site did NOT lock up on the page showing if there was an update.

Downloaded the files!

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
19205 does remove the GT stuff. I used to have the GT splash screen show on startup. It's now just a blue oval.
Mine still splashes a Pony. Don't know why they would change the GT's splash graphic.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Mine still splashes a Pony. Don't know why they would change the GT's splash graphic.
Likely because they aren't going to release that for the GT (the Ford GT, not the Mustang GT).

It may still be present under a different configuration... I'll play around with it a little when I go back to the OE pony this weekend. I just thought it was cool we could modify the opening splash to say GT. I'll bet the GT350 splash is still somewhere in there.
Sponsored