zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
@HizliBullet

Any idea on when we can expect a new sync 3 update? (v3.5-v4.0) I want the new GT500 theme...
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I know this sounds stupid, but when I do the install in the car does it have to be running, or can I just turn the car on?

On edit: Per the instructions it has to be on and running.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I know this sounds stupid, but when I do the install in the car does it have to be running, or can I just turn the car on?

On edit: Per the instructions it has to be on and running.
It doesn’t need to be running but is recommmended in case the battery dies/car turns itself off. I installed mine without the engine running.

Abby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if I can use the same SYNC 3 update file for both my Mustang and my Escape, or are the files vehicle specufuc?

Sponsored

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Anyone know if I can use the same SYNC 3 update file for both my Mustang and my Escape, or are the files vehicle specufuc?
Should work just fine. I got one of these updates that was from a Raptor. Seems to be the same files across the board, at least for the US.

If in doubt, grab a vin and put it on your ford owner account and you can get the latest sync update that way.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
It is not vehicle specific.

rasfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2016 MKX
Does anyone have a link for the non-nav update for version 3.0 they can PM me? It’s not showing up for me on the Ford Owner site.

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Just wish it worked better with non-nav Sync 3 systems. This is probably WAD (works as designed) but I find it to be a PITA. When using my Pixel phone via USB and Android Auto, all speech commands are Google focused only. So that means if I want to use Sync 3 commands for SiriusXM or my music library on my USB stick, I have to unplug the phone. There really should be some way to use both systems without disconnecting the phone and Android Auto.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
@SpeedRacerXT my thoughts exactly...very annoying the two can't function together (as far as I know).

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Guys im back with great news! theres 3.3 out for 2019s! haven't tried this yet, but I once sat inside a 2019 focus it had wallpaper options on Sync3.
Annotation 2019-04-17 143806.jpg

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Interesting... It doesn't appear to be available for the '16s (yet?) and my sync update history on the owner.ford.com site has been purged of everything before v3.0

...and apparently my vehicle hasn't checked in since Dec 2.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Just installed this yesterday...haven't played with it yet to see the differences.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
This is probably WAD (works as designed) but I find it to be a PITA. When using my Pixel phone via USB and Android Auto, all speech commands are Google focused only. So that means if I want to use Sync 3 commands for SiriusXM or my music library on my USB stick, I have to unplug the phone.
Yes, that's how they designed the CarPlay/Android Auto integration. Takes out SYNC 3 VR while they're active. Once you deactive CP/AA, then SYNC 3 VR comes back to life.

Interesting... It doesn't appear to be available for the '16s (yet?) and my sync update history on the owner.ford.com site has been purged of everything before v3.0.
Do you mean v3.3? That is only applicable to units that shipped with v3.2+ as they have new APIM hardware.
Sponsored