Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Either USB? Dangnabit, still no joy.

I do have 2.2 installed. Note 4 on marshmallow.
Either port works... By the way, don't use cheap third party cables... I have 3 cables I tried and it was giving me connection problems. When I used my OEM cable from my Smartphone it worked awesome and all issues went away. May want to look into that as well. I went ahead and left my OEM cable in the Mustang and now using the third party cables to charge my phone at night at home. I have a Samsung S7 Edge, just FYR...
Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Can you elaborate on this?
I used a thin strip of double sided tape to route a cable that is the exact needed length to go from my front usb port to my cell phone cradle mounted to the vent on the right side of instrument cluster. I'll have to post a pic to do it justice. I dont want to pill that cable off, it is tucked in perfectly. I am out of town and away from the ability to try another cable, so I'll just have to wait.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the cable plug into the cradle or the phone?

It could be either the cable, cradle, or both.
USB plugs directly to phone. Hopefully new cable will sort it out.

So if it sees data on the new cable, the it should be all automatic, sets it self up?

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USB plugs directly to phone. Hopefully new cable will sort it out.

So if it sees data on the new cable, the it should be all automatic, sets it self up?
Not necessarily... Like I said, I had data through third party cables, but when it comes to Android Auto, it would disconnect randomly. I was only able to get a stable connection using my Samsung OEM cable. Not sure why, but that's how mine worked.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Not necessarily... Like I said, I had data through third party cables, but when it comes to Android Auto, it would disconnect randomly. I was only able to get a stable connection using my Samsung OEM cable. Not sure why, but that's how mine worked.
It's probably a difference in shielding or twist rates.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's probably a difference in shielding or twist rates.
Most probably, but hoping #Lost can get his up and running... Could be having the same problem as me.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
as said. AA is very finicky on cable choice, I have a couple high quality Scosche cables and AA will not work with them, Samsung and Belkin cables are the only ones Ive had success with.........

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So tried two more cables and nada. Starting to piss me off....
I look at this video to see what it's supposed to look like, and I got gibbidy gots.

I have the enable android auto selection on sync 3, and on my phone I can not get it to show accepted on the settings page.

I will be home in a week, maybe try my wife's S7.

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So tried two more cables and nada. Starting to piss me off....
I look at this video to see what it's supposed to look like, and I got gibbidy gots.

I have the enable android auto selection on sync 3, and on my phone I can not get it to show accepted on the settings page.

I will be home in a week, maybe try my wife's S7.
Try doing a Master Reset to the Sync 3 if all else fails. Note that you will loose all your settings, but worth a try. Try to use a Samsung OEM cable or Belking like scott_0 suggested.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try doing a Master Reset to the Sync 3 if all else fails. Note that you will loose all your settings, but worth a try. Try to use a Samsung OEM cable or Belking like scott_0 suggested.
Will a master reset take it back to version 1.0?
I really would love to avoid loading the upgrade again...

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will a master reset take it back to version 1.0?
I really would love to avoid loading the upgrade again...
It should not... It should only reset it back using the latest software package. Just like when you do an OS update on the phone. Once you reset a phone it keeps the new OS, just sets everything back to defaults and erases all cached items. It may clear up any flukes after the flash. However, if you don't want to risk it, don't do it... I might do a Reset on mine since sometimes it is a bit laggy when first loading up. If you want to wait, I can let you know and even do a video.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

Looking for some input. I have a 2015 Mustang with sync 2 and navigation. Honestly only used the nav twice. It was slow and half the time couldn't find what I was looking for so I just used google maps on my phone.

I am thinking about buying sync 3 for my car. I can save $500 and not get the nav on it. I was just wondering your thoughts now that carplay and android audio are working. Would you still recommend the factory nav?
Sponsored