Sponsored

New SVT GT350 Mustang (S550) Undresses at Nurburgring (Now With VIDEOS)!

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
FWIW the "R" model has the same yellow tag # on the windshield as the mule that was being tested last winter in Dearborn. Of course any # of things could have been changed out by now, clearly the rear valance has been added and maybe the engine type changed.
Sponsored

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
For the record, an awesome parts bin car. It did have some unique stuff though.

So just out of curiosity, now that we have seen a few videos, do you guys think it's a flatplane or just a regular crossplane crankshaft?

I'm leaning on flatplane, it really does have a bit of a different tone you hear in other exotics.
I totally agree having been the owner of one. It was nice not seeing them every day like you do a GT or v6. Heck I saw more Cobras on the road than I did a Mach.

I am very intrigued by the flat plane crank. It definitely sounds like that car at the 'Ring was revving quite high which would be a trait of the flat plane. Ford has the heads to do it with the 4 valves. I think we will see a track beast of a car released from them. Going global for this car will make it more of a true sports car than a pony car/muscle car.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Twitter is for twits... that is how they secretly got the name.

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
I know its a long shot but I hope Ford offers the carbon cermaic brakes as a option for the GT.
I dont know if I want to own a mustang that needs brake rotor changes that cost a 1/3 the price of the car LOL. carbon ceramic brakes are great for magazines, but if the intent is to track a car often, they will kill you by price quickly

Mikes5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track/2014 Explorer Sport
True but several zr1 owners have well over 50k miles with light tracking and still have plenty of pad life and the rotors still weigh within spec. They are extremely expensive to replace but last a long time.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford fusion sport white
turbo chatter?,

Watch the second video posted. Just before the mustang come around a left hand corner in the second clip after dissapering you can hear what sound like a faint turbo chatter after the driver lift off the throttle. This is just before car comes into frame.

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

Listen very closely to the mustang as it make a left handturn into frame in the second part of the clip. Just before entering frame and after you here the driver lift off the throttle to make the turn you can hear what sound like a faint turbo chatter. The sound is at exactly 23 seconds into the video. Easily heard with headphones but I cannot hear this on regular speakers.

Maybe its the ecoboost voodo engine that everyone has been rumoring about? It would make since because the middle shown with the chatter I'm hearing has no hood scoop but rather a heat extractor. Where as the other model with the scoop I'm assuming would be the name model as the exhaust is also slightly quieter.

Please let me know what you thing about the sound I would very much like to hear other opinions on what this may be.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
My opinion based on everything I've seen and heard is that the SVT model is naturally aspirated. I'm also betting that an alleged "R" model will follow the Leguna Seca precedent - it will be a stripped down, sticky tire version of the standard model GT350, but it will also share the same powertrain. Basically, R-code is a chassis upgrade. Just my $0.02... :shrug:

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I have also heard all of the same to be true. But there were rumors of an ecoboost engine called voodoo. Also it would make some sense because there are two different models each with a different hood. The scoop on one model would suggest to me a na engine since it would need a better way to get more air into the engine. The other model with heat extractor hood would suggest a forced induction power plant since it would more easily be getting the air into the engine.plus would make some since to reduce under hood temps with a turbo.
P.S. did you hear the sound I was talking about in the video.
Sponsored