Sponsored

New SVT GT350 Mustang (S550) Undresses at Nurburgring (Now With VIDEOS)!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Watch the second video posted. Just before the mustang come around a left hand corner in the second clip after dissapering you can hear what sound like a faint turbo chatter after the driver lift off the throttle. This is just before car comes into frame.
I think that turbo sound is heard on both versions of the car.

First time I noticed it in the white one. Good catch.
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I am not going to say it's not. But I DD a 302 and 351 Turbo charged notch for two years. I just don't hear anything that sounds definitively boosted. Furthermore we get to hear the car enter and leave under load.... I still sticking with NA; it sounds NA, NA makes sense for the application, the Model, and possible packaging constraints.

Edit: Voodoo is supposed to be the rumored FPC motor. However it was mentioned the 3.5 EB was not completely ruled out in the S550

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Honestly, I don't want it to be a turbo 6. We can get into all specs and this beats this and what not, but my reasoning why I don't want one is that everyone and their dog is jumping on the turbo bandwagon in their track focused powerful cars...I don't want the v8 to go. It's what I grew up thinking about, it's all I've ever wanted...ford will it eventually, just give me time to get my NA v8 before you do ford! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
At :23 in that video... It sounds like a grasshopper, not a turbo barking at all. And a turbo isn't gonna bark where he is at on the throttle at all, pretty much only hard upshifts where its at as much boost as possible with no wastegate or blow off valve...

[ame]

Sponsored

Rhumbline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 BMW M3
Bear in mind there are a lot of other cars circulating around at the same time, perhaps there was some other turbo car nearby but out of frame.

Perhaps the road/track-racer GT350 will be a naturally aspirated (flat crank) V8 whereas the top of the line GT500 is a turbo version of that (or some other 5.0 variant) motor. Would explain the slightly different front ends too.

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
I was thinking that some of the noise could be the chin spoiler and other under car arrow scraping the road.. Just a thought

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Bear in mind there are a lot of other cars circulating around at the same time, perhaps there was some other turbo car nearby but out of frame.

Perhaps the road/track-racer GT350 will be a naturally aspirated (flat crank) V8 whereas the top of the line GT500 is a turbo version of that (or some other 5.0 variant) motor. Would explain the slightly different front ends too.
They could be testing something for the future, however out of everything we know,the GT500 nameplate seem like it will not be making an immediate return with the S550.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
It's the chin spoiler hit the surface, no turbo sound.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I was thinking that some of the noise could be the chin spoiler and other under car arrow scraping the road.. Just a thought
Sure is the chin spoiler. Didn't se your post :headbonk:

Sponsored

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
with a car that will have power in the 400-500 range if it were turbo you would hear it under load way before faint chatter on decel.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Watch the second video posted. Just before the mustang come around a left hand corner in the second clip after dissapering you can hear what sound like a faint turbo chatter after the driver lift off the throttle. This is just before car comes into frame.
Personally, that sounds exactly like a high speed shutter of a camera... that sounds would not be that prominant of a diverter valve going off and if there was a diverter valve sounding like that, it was failing... though it sounded like flapping rubber when it did... that's what happened to my Audi

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Chin spoiler hitting sounds right for a few of them too

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)