rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For those asking, yes, it's $0.929 per gallon. It's with the rewards card at my grocery store. $0.05/gal for every $25 of groceries. Several trips saved up when I pulled that one off

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
I don't care one bit about gas mileage. That's not why I bought this car. But $5 a gallon??? Ouch.

Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I'm going to the Atlanta Mitty this weekend..... I'm betting theres gonna be some mustang tomfoolery.

Sponsored

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I dunno... I see gas milage come up now and then. Usually it's 'Hey everybody, let's post our Mileage!' or someone wanting everyone to talk about post shift points to get the best mileage.

Reasons for posting about mileage? I'm not 100% sure, but the obvious root causes for talking about it are operating cost per mile (usually complaints), tree hugging and to see what fellow Mustang owners think.

I do think that if it's for the first and second reasons, trade your Mustang in tomorrow and go buy an electric car. Because that beautiful sweet ride parked outside waiting for you no longer loves you. Hand in your Mustang card as you exist the door.

I did spend 4 years at one point tracking every car expense I had for a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST. That car is parked outside my house right now, my son has had it for the last gazillion years. It still looks brand new. It is, hands down, the best car I ever bought in terms of reliability. The picture below is the summary of the car for the first 4 years of it's life. The operating cost does not include cost to obtain the car. Everything else associated with it is included for the 4 years. I originally started tracking it because gas was going crazy high and I had a Ford Explorer 5.0 v8 AWD. I got rid of to get a Focus to drive back and fourth to work.

You would think a 151 hp 2.3-liter engine with manual trans would average better than 27.4 mpg.

My point is, if you are going to care about miles per gallon in a Mustang, stop it. It's not a car built for that. I am amazed at what it does do as far as mpg. The only statistic I ever look at in a Mustang related to mileage is the miles until empty. That is helpful. I am thrilled when it says 300 or better after a fill-up. Not because I'm thinking green thoughts or about saving a dime. I'm lazy and I'm thinking about how far I can go before I have to stop at a gas station. #BringBackFullService

If mpg is an important fact, and you worry about short shifting rather than waiting a little longer before shifting to listen to the engine rev out, or you worry about the gas you use to get up to speed quick. You are missing the point. Seriously, trade that Mustang in and get a Focus or Fusion. Maybe even a Fiesta is for you.

Once you get a car that is about saving resources, track the heck out of it so you can feel good about your purchase. Have a fun time doing it. Go to that cars discussion forum and talk green. ohhh and ahh with each other when you save that precious lady bug. There is room for all.
FocusCostPerMile.png

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
If you worry about gas mileage maybe you should have bought a Prius.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Because of the Autobahn I'm actually getting better mileage in the city than the highway.:lol: just enjoying the crap out of it while gas is still cheap!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
New Support Group for Mustang owners... Anonymous?

M.O.A.!

Sponsored