Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Never been a big fan of leaving things “as is” with my vehicles and with being one of the contact points for us and our cars the steering wheel is a great place to start. I spent some time looking at the available options from Beith, MPR, and others. While they make some nice wheels, I found their options for customization were lacking compared to my final choice from S550Parts.

Joni, the owner of S550parts, provided tons of pictures of all their carbon fiber selections, leather and Alcantara selections, as well as trim pieces and airbag covers. They offer multiple colors of carbon weave and also can add standard or metallic chips to forged pieces. The wheel shape can also be modified to full round, flat bottom, flat top, and even chopped top reminiscent of the wheel in KITT from Knight Rider. I’m not a big fan of 2x2 carbon weave and already have forged dash trim pieces so my wheel had to match.

I’m also going to do Katzkin seat cover replacements in red on black hence why I went with the red Alcantara sides and black alcantara horn cover. I also added the forged thumb grip sections to reduce wear on the Alcantara. Finally, I went with the digital shift light kit. The center screen displays any engine condition you select and the lights are sequential from green/yellow/red and can be set at any peak RPM. I think I’ll like this visual appeal more than the yellow shift indicator lights in the heads up display.
4DC9C3E8-EB9C-4A87-A0FF-5CD96B366630.jpeg

8D975DA1-25DE-4110-B39D-5903989DB222.jpeg

F77BDF70-D7DC-4676-A5DE-5123D6D25B30.jpeg
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
That CF and Alcantara looks 🔥