Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20190823_springs.jpg

Today BMR 763 springs and performance pack dampers are going on. Also the BMR cradle lockout kit. Can't wait to see how different the car behaves afterwards.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a difference in how it feels immediately. At highway speeds the ride is better. So much more controlled. Ever since I put on bigger wheels and tires it felt like the car was bouncier and less in control over bumps. It's so much better now. Sharp bumps at low speeds feel a little harsher but not a huge difference. I'm going to cruise around with some other local S550 owners tomorrow and should hit some twisty roads. Looking forward to seeing how it handles.

One thing about putting BMR minimal drop springs on a V6. I think the front drop might have been zero, lol. Lighter front end, I suppose is why.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Give it time to settle and that front drop will come out to .1 maybe! Always good when you can tell the immediate benefit after install. If you went a step further with the dampers it might be even better, but for the price it's hard to argue.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Give it time to settle and that front drop will come out to .1 maybe! Always good when you can tell the immediate benefit after install. If you went a step further with the dampers it might be even better, but for the price it's hard to argue.
Haha. I guess I should have gone with the 080. I actually tried to sell the PP stuff locally. I wanted to try the Koni or Steeda actives. When I didn't get much interest I decided to stick with them. The 18-19 PP rear shocks are supposedly better than the 15-17. Hopefully, that's the case since these came from an 18 GT. So far everything feels like a clear upgrade from the base V6 springs and dampers.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Also, when you go to get aligned, have them clock your bushings. It may drop it further and make the ride more refined.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Very nice upgrade! Handling upgrades are my favorite.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Congrats on the new setup man! I bet it feels nice!!

Good choice IMO going with the minimum drop springs. The SP080s is primarily for stance and presents some geometry issues in the front. With the minimum drops it puts you in a great place.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new setup man! I bet it feels nice!!

Good choice IMO going with the minimum drop springs. The SP080s is primarily for stance and presents some geometry issues in the front. With the minimum drops it puts you in a great place.
I was thinking the SP080 might not get as low on the V6 but in any case I agree with you. I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that any wheel gap looks like a truck. The cosmetics of low aren't as important to me as how the car drives. With some it seems the primary motivation for owning a Mustang is Instagram.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I was thinking the SP080 might not get as low on the V6 but in any case I agree with you. I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that any wheel gap looks like a truck. The cosmetics of low aren't as important to me as how the car drives. With some it seems the primary motivation for owning a Mustang is Instagram.
I agree. Ride & handling over looks IMO. If you can get both, then great! Any more suspension mods in the plans? Front sway bar maybe?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Ride & handling over looks IMO. If you can get both, then great! Any more suspension mods in the plans? Front sway bar maybe?
Interesting you should ask. I have PP1 sway bars, too. I wanted to first see how it much of a difference springs and dampers made by themselves, including how much stiffer it rode, before doing anything else. I will eventually put those on.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Interesting you should ask. I have PP1 sway bars, too. I wanted to first see how it much of a difference springs and dampers made by themselves, including how much stiffer it rode, before doing anything else. I will eventually put those on.
Good call. Should be a well matched setup.

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Curious on the actual drop in front. I have a V6 as well in an conversation with BMR they said to expect approx 5/8 to 6/8 drop. I feel that mine has the 4x4 look in front and am considering the 763 route. Please keep this thread posted if it settles in lower at all.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Curious on the actual drop in front. I have a V6 as well in an conversation with BMR they said to expect approx 5/8 to 6/8 drop. I feel that mine has the 4x4 look in front and am considering the 763 route. Please keep this thread posted if it settles in lower at all.
When I first eyeballed it I thought it looked like the rear had dropped about 1/2 inch as advertised but the front stayed about the same. So it went from having the same gap to less in the rear. I haven't really examined it closely since then. I will take a pic (maybe I can do a before/after comparison) on Friday, which will be exactly one week from installation.

If you are interested in a noticeable cosmetic change these might not be what you want.
Sponsored