Sponsored

New Spoiler and water concerns?

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hi all,

I just installed a new spoiler - I went with the AM gt350 track pack style. Overall I think it's a very nice looking addition to my car and the look I wanted, however I think the quality is a little lacking. The double sided tape it came with was very low quality (not 3m) and it came with no bolts for assembly.

I was able to sort out my own bolts and get it all on. My car had the small factory lip spoiler on it so I had the holes already drilled.

My concern is water intrusion with the new spoiler. I have it on their pretty solid, just all of the old holes weren't used by the new spoiler. I've been on these forums since 2016 and never heard of this issue but wanted to get some additional thoughts on the subject. Do the rubber grommets (see pics) prevent any sort of interior water intrusion? As soon as I got it on I ran through a car wash with no signs of interior dampness but I'm a little paranoid! Thanks in advance 🍻
PXL_20210109_011713536.jpg
PXL_20210109_011652063.jpg
PXL_20210109_011838919.jpg
Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I just installed a new spoiler - I went with the AM gt350 track pack style. Overall I think it's a very nice looking addition to my car and the look I wanted, however I think the quality is a little lacking. The double sided tape it came with was very low quality (not 3m) and it came with no bolts for assembly.

I was able to sort out my own bolts and get it all on. My car had the small factory lip spoiler on it so I had the holes already drilled.

My concern is water intrusion with the new spoiler. I have it on their pretty solid, just all of the old holes weren't used by the new spoiler. I've been on these forums since 2016 and never heard of this issue but wanted to get some additional thoughts on the subject. Do the rubber grommets (see pics) prevent any sort of interior water intrusion? As soon as I got it on I ran through a car wash with no signs of interior dampness but I'm a little paranoid! Thanks in advance 🍻
PXL_20210109_011713536.jpg
PXL_20210109_011652063.jpg
PXL_20210109_011838919.jpg
I went the OEM route with the Ford Track Pack spoiler and had similar concerns before looking at things. All the holes were surrounded by gasket material though or covered with double sided tape, so it hasn’t been and issue. Hopefully yours Is the same.

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I went the OEM route with the Ford Track Pack spoiler and had similar concerns before looking at things. All the holes were surrounded by gasket material though or covered with double sided tape, so it hasn’t been and issue. Hopefully yours Is the same.
I think I am good to go now! Mine was the american muscle version so no gasket material or anything like that. I installed it initially, ran it through a car was and it was fine. I got a little crazy, yanked it back off and sealed the unused holes with DAP door and window caulk. Should be good to go now - better safe than sorry!
Sponsored