Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Yeah, after reading that incredible spec sheet the GT PP seems like weak sauce now...

There will be a bit of a premium to go with that spec sheet. 10-15k extra is nothing to sneeze at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I like the technical improvements and some cosmetic improvements really are so obvious they should not have been consigned to the gt350; dulling the bright work around the gauges for example that should be standard on the PP. I think the front is well kind of ugly compared to the stock car but that is ok as ugly is more aggressive more masculine. You wouldn't want Hercules to looking a Calvin Klein model.

GTsquid

Wow this makes me glad I had to wait... looks sick and FPC/magnetic ride? :headbang: Price could be scary tho....

There's Jamal in case anyone was wondering..
I noticed that too. So i would guess svt engineers worked on this but its getting the shelby branding? or did they say team mustang anywhere?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Let's see the 1LE top this one.

Front end is gorgeous. That hood will be on all the Mustangs in 2017.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hoping to see some "real" photos............this was on the Mustang Monthly Facebook page:

Today, at Shelby's Gardena, CA facility, Ford and Shelby American will be unveiling the new 5.2L naturally aspirated 500-plus horsepower 2016 GT350 by Ford. Check out the video for a quick look at the new car and stay tuned for more details at www.mustang-360.com

Jarstang, will M6G be in attendance? :)

whitecomet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sign hondaaaa accord
nice car good job ford as far as price I cant see it being more than 10k more. say 50k with leather. it is better but the motor cannot cost more than 3k the body 3k suspension3k. anymore and now u are up to vette m3 money. if it pushes 55k or more I hate to say it chevy will up the stingray perfomance and now you got a problem. LOve the car keep at 50k orles with everyhting and it will sell.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Many automakers use CGI images for reveals now days. Its easier for them to do that with less risk of it being spotted when taking it out in public for a photo shoot.
I understand your point, but the whole thing was done in a warehouse, so they probably wasted more time and money modeling the car and then the warehouse.

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I understand your point, but the whole thing was done in a warehouse, so they probably wasted more time and money modeling the car and then the warehouse.
The model may have been lifted from one of several racing games that are likely already putting the GT350 in them. That wouldn't surprise me at all since in-game model fidelity is so good these days.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
I guess there wont be any significant weight loss or weight gain. I like that they stayed away from the carbon brakes, its nice that Ford realizes the importance of keeping the car affordable for the customer. I don't think this car will amaze in acceleration however I think in driving dynamics as in balance and nimbleness it will destroy your senses (in a good way). I can't wait to see actual reviews on this car. As for price. I estimate mid 50's to low 60's for base. I think it makes sense to have an added tech pack for those who don't want that and really want to use the car for its purpose. If I could have had my Mach 1 optioned like the 2000 Cobra R, (no radio or sound deadening) I would have been ecstatic.

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
The model may have been lifted from one of several racing games that are likely already putting the GT350 in them. That wouldn't surprise me at all since in-game model fidelity is so good these days.
I did see an update being planned for forza later this week..... possible this is why...?

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
Its actually easier than you'd think. They have all the 3D renderings they could use from the design team. All the do is animate those. Doesn't take much to make wheels spin and add a background. But yeah I see your point about it being in a warehouse. I recently read an article on camo used on cars. They cover them the moment they build it and even when transporting it around their own facility keep it completely covered.
Sponsored