Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I know, I know, this is technically Mustang related. But I'm trying to WASH my Mustang, so maybe some plumbing guru member can help. If you can leave this here for a few hours to get some views, that would be great.

O.k.....change of idea.

We have a "slop sink" with a faucet that has an aerator that un-screws. I think I can screw a garden hose directly to it?

Are they the same size fittings/threads?

ETA; Nevermind, ya'll can't tell me what fitting/threads are on the faucet that's here in front of me. What a stupid thing to ask on an internet forum.

Sorry for the stupid questions, I'll figure this out. Thanks for the ideas.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Thanks, we're almost there.

That wouldn't allow shutting off the water to the 1/2 hose outlet for the 99.97656% of the time it's not in use. But maybe an in-line shut-off valve could be put in-between the 3/8" fitting and the 3/8"-1/2" fitting?

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
O.k.....change of idea.

We have a "slop sink" with a faucet that has an aerator that un-screws. I think I can screw a garden hose directly to it?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
this is what i would do...

I'll add a T with 2 valves... one for the actual sink faucet and another valve to connect to a hose... pretty easy.

there is also some Y valves at home depot. just add one between the main line coming from the wall to the sink hose...

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
FWIW some sink faucets will accept a garden hose fitting.
If it has an aerator it probably won't but it won't hurt to try.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I know, I know, this is technically Mustang related. But I'm trying to WASH my Mustang, so maybe some plumbing guru member can help. If you can leave this here for a few hours to get some views, that would be great.

O.k.....change of idea.

ETA; Nevermind, ya'll can't tell me what fitting/threads are on the faucet that's here in front of me. What a stupid thing to ask on an internet forum.

Sorry for the stupid questions, I'll figure this out. Thanks for the ideas.
Add a T directly in line with the cold water feed that feeds to the sink. Do this 1-1.5 feet above where the copper pipe connects to the sink tap. You can do it higher or lower this just seems like it would be a decent height.

Just cut a section of copper out that is the length of the T minus the total the pipe inserts into the T.
Ex. Stick a piece of copper into the T and mark it. Measure this length and multiply by 2 (for both sides of the T). Then subtract this total from the total length of the T and cut a section of pipe from the cold water feed this length.

Solder a hose spigot 1/4 turn ball valve on the end of this T and then you have a dedicated hose outlet without bothering the sink outlet.

Easy peasy.
Sponsored