JustVman

JustVman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is that what you're going with, maximum noise reduction and will be running 4 full size mufflers in total?
I think I’d just run 2 Magnaflow mufflers, one on each side before the tips. I had the OEM mufs on with just the resonator delete and it sounded like a truck - super clappy and with rasp. I would get some bullet mufflers but unfortunately for right now the parents (obviously) want it to be much quieter than it is, so I think two full size MF mufs pretty much where the OEM ones were should do good.

In the future I may try what you recommended, the Tru X, and pair it with some straight throughs bullet at the axles.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Hey all, first post on here. I have a 2018 GT that is currently straight piped minus headers and that needs to change. The car is essentially true dual to quad tips.

Current Setup:
Stock Headers + Cats --> Resonator Delete (no X/H pipe) --> MBRP Pro Axle Back.

I'm looking for options that won't break the bank that will quiet the car down enough and help with some rasp, but will maintain a good amount of volume. Some of the options I've read about include throwing some bullet style Vibrant/MagnaFlow/Borla resonators in, ACCELATEC Resonated X-pipe, or just straight throwing the OEM resonator in.

Just curious if anyone has experience with any of these options or would recommend anything else. Also curious if there are any mufflers I could throw in before the tips on the Axle-Back. Staying with some family for college and neighbors are not pleased in the mornings when I leave at 5:00am 😅

View of Axle-Back and part of Resonator delete

1704184604117.jpeg

Sound Clip of Current Setup
mbrp makes their own resonators. I have them on and it’s helped my car quite a bit. I have kooks LTH green catted into Mbrp race series cat back with H-pipe. It helped reduce the drone a lot but only lowered the overall volume a little. My next move is it replace the race series exhaust with their street series. I’ve heard this on a few other cars and sounds perfect.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
the exhaust i built for my 97 cobra was very raspy so i put 2 magnaflow 4" tubular mufflers between the dynomax superturbos and the H pipe. gave it a nice deep rumbly growly soujnd instead of that tinny rasp.

it sounded that way because they were sidepipes.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The Borla 60661 will do the job for sure, one of my guys did this on his car it made a huge difference. I keep them in stock LMK if I can help.

Wraith_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
60661 made a huge difference on my car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that's the same part I have 2 of. Oops I have the 2.5" version.

OP
OP
JustVman

JustVman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. Just wanted to add some closure here for this. I ended up throwing on the OEM resonator, as it turns out no substantial aftermarket mufflers would fit in the axle-back section of the exhaust. This had quieted the car down a good amount, and should be enough to keep everyone happy. Plus keeping the MBRP Axle-Back gives the car a really nice deep sound with virtually no rasp at all now that the resonator is back.

What I'm thinking I'll do is add some QTP cutouts right before the resonator and after the cats, so I can still have the ability to make the car blisteringly loud whenever I choose.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Magnaflow tru X fits nicely in the same spot as a previous cut and clamp X pipe, and it made quite a bit of difference. It killed all of the rasp, a little bit of the volume and made it deeper overall.
Yea but not offered by MF anymore. That sucks I wanted to replace stock with MF

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Glad you got it the way you want it. Mine is really loud with catted headers and a Borla Cat back. I just bought a Borla 60661 resonator, installing this week. Hoping to give me the tone I am looking for. It sounded perfect before the headers, now its just annoying...

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
60661 made a huge difference on my car.
I just got mine installed last night. Took for a drive today. Drastically quieter, however with that internal H pipe inside the resonator the deep muscle car growl is back, and the famous Borla tone I love is back. The raspy nasty sound is gone. I am not entirely pleased with the fact that it is a bit too quiet but I figure the resonator will burn in and get a little louder over time. My last Borla system was a touring system and it was as quiet as stock at first with the resonator, but mellowed out real nice after a few thousand miles...
Sponsored