Sponsored

New regs for engine nosie

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual

Mustang specifically mentioned, seems to depend on which Mustang you have with regards to flexibility on noise!

So more bhp per tonne the better. Wish they'd use BHP and not KW, I have no idea what my car is in KW without converting!

With regards to the acoustic cameras, surely if I just dip my clutch when I go past it'll reduced the dB level?
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Mr Reid always mentions Mustangs as that’s his yellow convertible at the start of the vid :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the dates relate to new model launch, build date, or registration date ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I can't see hour they will apply this retrospectively to older cars. Older Lambos, Ferrari's etc will be well over the noise levels even with stock exhausts, unless they are just going to ban supercars period.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Runs down Mustangs on Top Gear then goes out and finds the most expensive way to own one...now he's concerned about noise pollution. Does he possess any thoughts of his own?

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't see hour they will apply this retrospectively to older cars. Older Lambos, Ferrari's etc will be well over the noise levels even with stock exhausts, unless they are just going to ban supercars period.
Says in the video doesn't apply to older cars with stock exhaust

Sponsored
OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Runs down Mustangs on Top Gear then goes out and finds the most expensive way to own one...now he's concerned about noise pollution. Does he possess any thoughts of his own?
Bit harsh. He didn't run down the Mustang just said he preferred older one (most do prefer a classic) and that didn't feel that fast (which kind of agree). He's not necessarily concerned about the noise (I'd say the opposite, he likes nice sounding cars) but just posting an informative video.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Says in the video doesn't apply to older cars with stock exhaust
I missed that bit.

So, in theory, if my aftermarket exhaust at 2,000rpm is quieter that a stock exhaust at say 5,000rpm then I shouldn't have any problems assuming that I drive everywhere (or at least past these noise cameras) at under 2,000 rpm.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Bit harsh. He didn't run down the Mustang just said he preferred older one (most do prefer a classic) and that didn't feel that fast (which kind of agree). He's not necessarily concerned about the noise (I'd say the opposite, he likes nice sounding cars) but just posting an informative video.
I agree, the original Mustang is one of the classics of all time IMO. I also prefer it in many ways but wouldn't actually buy one as i bet its a complete dog to drive, unless you like that lack of control feeling! A weekend, summer, garaged car that's for sure though. Something to admire.

I would also agree to an extent about the manual GT not feeling as fast as its figures particularly when driving on winding tight b-roads, its hard work to keep it in the zone in comparison to say my M2. Once the GT is going it's pretty epic IMO and I am really enjoying the progressive nature of the NA V8

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I missed that bit.

So, in theory, if my aftermarket exhaust at 2,000rpm is quieter that a stock exhaust at say 5,000rpm then I shouldn't have any problems assuming that I drive everywhere (or at least past these noise cameras) at under 2,000 rpm.
Yes that what I'm guessing, just dip clutch everytime go past an acoustic cam

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
I cant see how they can pinpoint one car in a whole stream of traffic myself i know you can focus sound when its created but don't see how you can focus the receiving device down to one car along a stretch of road amongst all the other cars on the road at same time
Also isn't sound cumulative ie two sources add together in a logarithmic way ie two 50db sources adds up to about 53 db which makes it harder to pin point to one car in traffic only way they can enforce this is via an MOT i think and they usually don't do that retrospectively
Sponsored

Last edited: