Sponsored

New owner questions - would JUST a whipple stage 2 kit be a waste? (for now)

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My shop is quoting me much higher numbers than I can currently spend on headers etc, my question is how much would I be looking at with JUST a whipple stage 2 kit on a otherwise stock 2019 GT A10?

I really just want a low 10 seconds car on pump gas, expensive headers, 1050 injectors etc are nice but more than I can currently justify to my wife!

Would the injectors that come with the https://www.americanmuscle.com/whipple-w185ax-30ltercooled-supercharger-stage-2-2018-gt.html kit be sufficient or is it worth upgrading?

would going back later and doing it require a lot more work?

Also, are header upgrades necessary? I don't know how much of a bottleneck stock is

Thanks
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the stage 2 kit as it comes from whipple with an xpipe and catback exhaust. More than enough to have fun with. Easy to upgrade with more stuff as you go.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
You don't need all the supporting mods to reach your goals. You can always add headers, injectors, fuel system, etc later on.

OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm running the stage 2 kit as it comes from whipple with an xpipe and catback exhaust. More than enough to have fun with. Easy to upgrade with more stuff as you go.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

What kind of 1/4 times are you getting with that setup?

Thanks!

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
My shop is quoting me much higher numbers than I can currently spend on headers etc, my question is how much would I be looking at with JUST a whipple stage 2 kit on a otherwise stock 2019 GT A10?

I really just want a low 10 seconds car on pump gas, expensive headers, 1050 injectors etc are nice but more than I can currently justify to my wife!

Would the injectors that come with the https://www.americanmuscle.com/whipple-w185ax-30ltercooled-supercharger-stage-2-2018-gt.html kit be sufficient or is it worth upgrading?

Also, are header upgrades necessary? I don't know how much of a bottleneck stock is

Thanks[/QUOT

Have you looked at Beefcakes specials??

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Hit up beefcake he gave me a great deal. I order a complete stage2 kit with the big HE for a 19. Last Tuesday and it came today. And you absolutely dont need any thing else. I have the active exhaut so I grabbed a H pipe. But that's it for now. You'll be 10.4 on whipple tune with radils.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Thanks
I’m pretty sure the whipple Stage 2 and tires will do that on an otherwise stock car. No headers, fuel system, custom tunes, or e85 needed.
Yup - I went 10.2@138 with just the whipple stage 2/tune .stock exhaust including cats . 3.625 pulley on 93 (with a can of octanium) . My car is also a heavier PP/premium with 3.55 gears and the lighter15 non PP cars with 3.15 MAY be faster .

Whipple sent me their latest tune that Dustin says would even be faster but I had gotten impatient and switched to PBD/ bigger injectors and BAP so I could run E85.

Knowing what I know now I should probably have held off as I suspect I might have gone 9.9@140 with the new tune . Whipple is also coming out with a stage 3/true flex tune that will need an injector upgrade and boost a pump . It will be a game changer as no other aftermarket tuner offers the flex tune option (you will need one tune for 93 and another for E85)

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Yup - I went 10.2@138 with just the whipple stage 2/tune .stock exhaust including cats . 3.625 pulley on 93 (with a can of octanium) . My car is also a heavier PP/premium with 3.55 gears and the lighter15 non PP cars with 3.15 MAY be faster .

Whipple sent me their latest tune that Dustin says would even be faster but I had gotten impatient and switched to PBD/ bigger injectors and BAP so I could run E85.

Knowing what I know now I should probably have held off as I suspect I might have gone 9.9@140 with the new tune . Whipple is also coming out with a stage 3/true flex tune that will need an injector upgrade and boost a pump . It will be a game changer as no other aftermarket tuner offers the flex tune option (you will need one tune for 93 and another for E85)
Wait... new tune? Do 15-17 guys get a new tune too?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

That sounds amazing, I'm coming from BMW where you needed turbo swaps, fuel pumps and meth to get over 450 so the s550 is an incredible platform

So stick to the new whipple tune and save the injectors etc for later if I go E85?

The kit I posted came with injectors but I'm unsure if that's something they added or the whipple stage 2 comes with those no matter where I buy it? Thanks!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The whipple Stage 2 kit includes injectors and a fuel pump.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2

Hold up you can run the 3.625 pulley with 93 and boostane... I was told 3.75 and that's it.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’m running the 3.75 on 93 with no boostane. I’m seeing +/-1 deg Kr, depending. I’m confident I could run the 3.625 with 93 and boostane, but everyone should check their own Kr when playing with this stuff.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I did not do any street logs but at the strip I would see up to-4KR and -2KR at full load with max timing of 18-19*.
It was the same whether I ran 93 /98 plus octanium/ Boostane or Ms109.
Sponsored