New owner here!

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious to know 2 things from fellow GT350 owners...
1. Do the rest of you guys daily drive your GT350 like I will be doing? Or is it primarily a weekend car? (My daily commute is 65 miles round trip.)
2. What kind of mpg are you guys getting, usually? (I know, the numbers will of course depend of driving style.)
I am driving her most days in spring/summer/fall months, before freezing ... By daily I mean every time weather is nice; I usually don't take it out on rain unless I really have to (which is not often) or I travel far and get caught by rain.
I don't travel for work much so my trips are limited to weekend strolls to the favorite mountain road or supermarket for shopping.
Due to winter conditions and the megaton of salt they throw on the streets here, I don't drive it from the first snow fall all the way to April unfortunately. It's stored in a friend's garage.

But if I would be able to drive it, had I not been living in this horrible horrible New England of US, I would take her out for sure!
My MPG really depends on destination, but from memory last time I saw about 16 and a bit , combined city and highway.
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
1. Do the rest of you guys daily drive your GT350 like I will be doing? Or is it primarily a weekend car? (My daily commute is 65 miles round trip.)
2. What kind of mpg are you guys getting, usually? (I know, the numbers will of course depend of driving style.)
I live in New York so my car sits in the garage from November to at least the end of March. However, I drive the car multiple times during the week and take it on extended drives and will average on the highway doing 70 to 75 miles an hour up to 22 miles per gallon. Around town the mileage is between 10 and 15 miles per gallon. I don’t drive my car daily because I have a company car. If I did not have a company car and had a business to travel to I’d probably daily drive it.

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I mostly drive mine during the weekends up in the mountains on curvy roads. I daily drive it 2 or 3 times a month just for the fun of it. If I had to do it long term I could easily make it work except for those days where we get dumped on with snow.

I haven't specifically checked my mileage around town. 10-12 sounds right. On the highway at 80 MPH I get anywhere from 20-23 MPG.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car - love the grabber blue and can't believe I'm saying this but it looks sweet with the stripe delete ( big fan of stripes on shelby's ) .
I picked up a 2018 lightning blue last September and it's my 9th mustang and I'm in pure love, this car will never leave my life. Nope not ever , truly a unicorn .
Only 1800 miles on my car as she sleeps through the winter but every other season I will be driving the piss out of it. Part of the reason why she's been xpel'd and ceramic coated (bit anal ) .
Also man I have a passenger side catch can and check my oil regularly and even know I barely have two grand in miles I haven't had any oil issues either (knock knock). I switched to the superior oil though and it's probably why (amsoil).

Bit of advice - when you get the car , ditch the stock clutch assist spring and grab a steeda spring. Car is so much more enjoyable without that shit stock spring.
Good luck with her and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ace_gt350

ace_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Congrats on the car - love the grabber blue and can't believe I'm saying this but it looks sweet with the stripe delete ( big fam of stripes on shelby's ) .
I picked up a 2018 lightning blue last September and it's my 9th mustang and I'm in pure love, this car will never leave my life. Nope not ever , truly a unicorn .
Only 1800 miles on my car as she sleeps through the winter but every other season I will be driving the piss out of it. Part of the reason why she's been xpel'd and ceramic coated (bit anal ) .
Also man I have a passenger side catch can and check my oil regularly and even know I barely have two grand in miles I haven't had any oil issues either (knock knock). I switched to the superior oil though and it's probably why (amsoil).

Bit of advice - when you get the car , ditch the stock clutch assist spring and grab a steeda spring. Car is so much more enjoyable without that shit stock spring.
Good luck with her and you won't be disappointed.
Thanks for the clutch spring tip! I've heard it mentioned in some youtube videos but wasn't sure if it's necessary or not. Sounds like it might be! Also, I'm actually a fan of stripes on Shelby's as well. But this one checked all my boxes other than that. Plus in the future, I suppose I could add some stripes. If it did, I think I would go with black.

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the clutch spring tip! I've heard it mentioned in some youtube videos but wasn't sure if it's necessary or not. Sounds like it might be! Also, I'm actually a fan of stripes on Shelby's as well. But this one checked all my boxes other than that. Plus in the future, I suppose I could add some stripes. If it did, I think I would go with black.
Love that grabber man , looked at a couple but couldn't find one with the low low mileage I was wanting or the options. She really does look sweet with no stripes, however if you do decide to get some down the road and although I have black ones on my lightning I would consider white before black. White on grabber is just pure sex and iconic.
With that said to each there own - preference thing of course.
And yea man get that spring , even for some chance you Don't like it (very minut chance) it's super cheap and wicked easy to pop in and out.

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
I’m daily driving mine currently, about 700 miles per month. Not as long of a commute as you but I don’t think you’ll have any trouble.

I typically average 14-15 mpg with a good mix of city and highway driving.

OP
OP
ace_gt350

ace_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
I just got the email that this baby will be delivered on Thursday! Can't wait! I'll be sure to take some pics for you guys :)

Random question - does anyone know where to find the production numbers for 2017 gt350's? I tried searching this forum and searching google but what I found told me that mine is 1 of only 9??? That can't be right. Can it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ace_gt350

ace_gt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
It finally arrived!!! (I already tinted the windows, added white Michelin tire lettering, and added the white SHELBY sticker on the front splitter.)
IMG_1049.jpg

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
It finally arrived!!! (I already tinted the windows, added white Michelin tire lettering, and added the white SHELBY sticker on the front splitter.)
IMG_1049.jpg
Sweet man - congratulations !!
Love the color. Not a fan of the tires though - just my opinion but to each there own. Good luck and happy shifting man..........
Sponsored