Sponsored

New Owner /Budget Mods

Elapid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
Hopefully I will own a 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto on Wed have a 16 yr old about to drive & its is time for me to buy something in my budget (26k) candidates where
2015 Dodge Ram Express Reg Cab 5.7 8 speed 3.92 gears
2015 Volkswagen GTI Auto 4 Door
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack Auto
Was worried about the amount of blown turbos on tuned GTIs
And I have ALWAYS wanted a stang & the 2015 looks very nice and actually reading these forums sold me on the performance of bolt on tuned EB mustangs & most everyone seems to love there cars.
I plan on immediately getting the Livernois Thermostat & Tune
Is it worth it for the time being getting a K&N drop in till I do the CAI /Exhaust later ?
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Is the EB for you or the kid? I got an 07 fusion for my first car lol. I don't think there's any point getting a K&N. Even with a full aftermarket CAI the gains aren't that significant, I'd put the money towards the intake. I'll be ordering mine this week.

OP
OP

Elapid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
The kid gets my old 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl 2.7 auto 115k

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
EcoBoost + tune + intake would be my 1st mods

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah the filter is a waste, def get the tune first at the very least.

Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I think my first mods are going to be Tune either Livernois or FORD Racing. and Magnaflow Street series catback exhaust. That should hold me over for awhile for down the road when i get into the bigger stuff.. Not really going to mess with the filter alot of those aftermarket filters like K&N and the filters that come with the CAI allow dirt into the engine..

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I think my first mods are going to be Tune either Livernois or FORD Racing. and Magnaflow Street series catback exhaust. That should hold me over for awhile for down the road when i get into the bigger stuff.. Not really going to mess with the filter alot of those aftermarket filters like K&N and the filters that come with the CAI allow dirt into the engine..
I definitely wouldn't believe what you read about high flow filters and dirt. A high quality performance filter will filter just as well, or better than a standard air filter, while allowing more air to get to the engine.

Just look at all of the cars now coming standard with things like cold air intakes. Our windstorm intake uses a dry element high flow filter that we have tested to ensure the performance of the car is improved, while there are no tradeoffs in reliability.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
To be honest, you have a few options.

Personally -- you need to pick between the cars. Stage 2 MK7 GTI's are running high 12's with a tune & downpipe, and trapping nearly 112mph.

They're a lot of fun to drive around town -- they're a lot more nimble than the Mustang.

However -- it's FWD.

I came from a GTI to my Mustang and I miss a lot of the GTI, but overall I really like the Mustang. RWD is a huge plus. Lol

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Budget mods? MAPerformance cai and tune, that woke my car up and it sounds awesome, I can't get enough of the turbo sound, I'm happy now can't wait until I do the downpipe haha. Also the Boomba BOV adapter is super fun and only $65

That should be $800 in mods and put a smile on your face everyday while gaining a 30+ rwhp and 100+ tq
Sponsored