New Oil Cooler Installation

Chris Woodard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Roush RS3, 2018 Eco, 2016 PP1 GT
I just upgraded to a larger oil cooler and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I have a tank/pump in the way of the factory setup so I bought a larger oil cooler off of Ebay for $90. The cooler was built much better than I was expecting. It has welded bosses on the top and bottom so I mounted it directly to the underside of my bumper and made some stainless brackets to support the bottom. It fits in really well behind the bumper cover and other than the yellow guard on the parker hose ends I am pleased. =-)

I am having trouble attaching the photos so who knows if they'll show up or not.
Oil Cooler Front.JPG
Oil Cooler Driver side.JPG
Oil Cooler Pass side.JPG
Sponsored

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
WOW, that's a monster!!! :) Looks great. Can't wait to see what it does for your temps!

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
So were you overheating on the road course? I trying to understand if you had a cooler from the factory or added it after you bought the car since the 2016 didn't come standard with the Track Pack.

OP
OP

Chris Woodard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Roush RS3, 2018 Eco, 2016 PP1 GT
No issues with oil cooling at all. The car originally had an oil cooler mounted between the supercharger heat exchanger and the A/C condensor. I upgraded to an oversized thicker heat exchanger so I was forced to relocate the oil cooler. I don't ever plan to run the car on a road course so I think an oil cooler is overkill but I thought it looked cheesy to just run a loop on the oil cooler lines.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Ah, since there was not a pic of the engine I didn't know you had an S/C. Looks really good.
Sponsored