Sponsored

New Mustang Owner ages

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
I'm 46, had a few new cars but this one is the one I've really been waiting for. I drove a couple of mustangs in the US back in 2007, one was a Shelby GTH which I drove from Vegas to the Grand Canyon and back in a day (approx. 16 hours driving), and fell in love with it.
Sponsored

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
60,owned mustangs since 1983 love em ! Got my s550 on my 60th birthday and love it.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I will be 55 in May. Always ben a Ford person. Currently own a 2014 FGMKII XR6 Turbo and also a 1970 Mach One as per my Profile photo. However the Mach One is on the market.
Why are you getting rid of the Mach 1 Greg? That will still be going strong and easy enough to repair when all the electronics and gadgetry in the S550 turn cactus in 20 years' time :) (hopefully no sooner!).

I almost wish the S550 had fewer of the gadgets (tyre pressure sensors that stuff up if you use the can of foam supplied for instance) and more of what we really need - noise and powerrrrrrrr. Oh, and a spare tyre.

Sponsored

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
I'm 53 so lots of cars and bikes have come and gone, a few were 65 XP Falcon, 74 HQ Monaro, FJ40 swb L/C, HDT VN Commodore, VY SS Ute, 1954 Triumph speed twin, HD softail,996 Ducati.Right now I have a 2001 Landy 110 with a 6.5 Chev diesel in it I've owned for 13 years.My town car is a 7 series BMW(V12).

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Mustang GT
47 here with a 68 Ford Fairlane 289 original Windsor motor

SPRTAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT 6MT
Turned 35 last week. I ordered the car when I was 33 (This car has aged me)
Finally get to own one of my dream cars. The garage will be complete once there is a '71 XY GT in it.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I ordered the GT about a week after I turned 38. I have never bought a new car in my life and have been slumming it for years.

First car was a '71 HQ 1-tonner (impossible to park) which I restored to pretty good condition with my dad, then a '91 Celica, which I still have (I had it painted and did some restoration work - engine leaks a little oil), then a '93 VP Commodore badged as a Lexcen that my parents gave my wife - it's at a mechanic's as I write this!! Most poorly built car in the history of the universe. And that's it - okay, there's a '67 Mustang (C-code, 289) that my dad rebuilt and is supposedly mine when we get a bigger place and have more garage space (he re-built another oldie for my sister). My God it's a noisy beast - engine is mildly worked too - but isn't technically mine.

It's interesting to see so many younger people getting a new Mustang. I've always been a bit of a scrooge, despite having a pretty handy income, and don't like car-related debt so I've waited until I have cash to pay. I realize that's a bit old school.

Will also be buying a new or new-ish car for wife. Think she wants an XR6, possibly Turbo. Baby is due end of May and I think a VP Commodore that's falling to bits is probably not the best option ...

After that, looking at restoring a chrome-bumper Corvette, preferably '69-70 in Le Mans Blue. Small block will do, and must be manual.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm 24. My new GT and my ZX10R are the only vehicles I've owned worth mentioning.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
53 (almost 54) when this was ordered for my birthday by wonderful husband - supposedly to arrive for my 55th. I am now 56 and it has missed birthday delivery again. Always been a Ford girl. We had a 65 Mustang 25yrs ago and so many cars we lost count since. We have a fantastic 2005 GT Mustang which is a Sunday and club run drive only as way too tricked up for a daily drive. This will be sitting next to the beast but will be my daily drive. We have two other convertibles presently - one has to go.

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
47 here. Bought my last Mustang at 34. Took delivery of my latest one last Friday.

Tarrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
43 and this will be my 3rd Ford & 2nd new car. First Ford was a Red XD, then I bought a new Mondeo Zetec back in 2007. I went for an Ecoboost as I want to drive my Mustang every damn day and don't give a fig about the "V8 rumble".

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
22. First mustang I've owned, but about my 20th vehicle I've purchased.
Sponsored