Sponsored

New Mustang GT PP1 or New BMW M4 with Competition Package?

Mustang GT PP1 or BMW M4

• GT

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • M4

Votes: 63 43.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It's fascinating the poll is 50/50 with a price differential of about $60,000!
Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I've heard lots of stories about BMW unreliability, so I wouldn't buy one either. Now as a gift with a warranty? That's a different story in this poll.
Mine left me stranded 3 times and one of those times was in the first 6 months. I called BMW and they said because it was a state road or something the tow wasn't allowed or some BS like that and I would have to pay for it. Worst car owning experience of my life.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
It's not really user error; probably more of a misapplication of the paddles. Under light throttle there's probably no point in using the paddles, but I enjoy using them most of the time (except for the 1st gear gripes I have). I agree, driven with authority, the paddles finally wake up. Under light throttle, they are half asleep.
I also have the issue with the paddles when driving up in the windy hills in manual mode(which is the most fun.)
I have to ā€œlookā€for the paddle. Iā€™ve had this issue in my other cars too but Iā€™ve always had the ability to also change gears with the gear selecter in the center console. It would be awesome if Mustang let you change gears both ways but it is what is. Iā€™ve had my whinge!
The Mustang is still an awesome car, Iā€™m having fun with it.The sweet V8 puts a smile on my face every time and we donā€™t have fake noises piped into the cabin like most of the newer Euro cars are doing these day.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Neither, buy a 2021 Bronco with the Sasquatch package, and leave the performance
World behind.

https://ibb.co/X4d0nVq

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I also have the issue with the paddles when driving up in the windy hills in manual mode(which is the most fun.)
I have to ā€œlookā€for the paddle. Iā€™ve had this issue in my other cars too but Iā€™ve always had the ability to also change gears with the gear selecter in the center console. It would be awesome if Mustang let you change gears both ways but it is what is. Iā€™ve had my whinge!
The Mustang is still an awesome car, Iā€™m having fun with it.The sweet V8 puts a smile on my face every time and we donā€™t have fake noises piped into the cabin like most of the newer Euro cars are doing these day.
Interesting. I haven't had the issue on windy roads, because both my hands stay on the steering wheel in the 10 and 2 positions, so the paddles are there for the gear change the whole time.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
If money were no object, I'd take the M4. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2018 GT PP1 like its my child, but the BMW is just in a different league. BMWs are heavily underrated, so they're making at least the same power as our GTs but with way more torque. The build quality is also much better on the BMW. Parts will obviously be more expensive, but does that really matter if we're only owning it for 5 years?

Also, the A10 is a nice transmission with great ratios, but it is no match for the BMW DCT. Hell, the A10 isn't as good as the ZF 8 speed auto, or the DCT in my brothers VW GTI. I don't care what the shift times say.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I have an E90 335i and a Mustang GT. I rarely drive the Mustang (900 miles in a year). It just feels big and heavy compared to the BMW.
I have an E88 135i Msport and feel the same way. 135i has catless downpipe, 7.5" fmic, and MHD Stage 2+ tune, and feels as powerful as the Mustang too. I swapped in the M3 suspension so it also handles great. 135i also has a thicker steering wheel, which is something that bugs me about the Mustang. C'mon Ford!
135i.jpg

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
It's fascinating the poll is 50/50 with a price differential of about $60,000!
I agree! I feel like most people don't realize that the OP is asking which one they would rather have given to them. My 2012 135i new cost $20k more in 2012 than I paid for my Mustang new in 2020.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I get the M4 is more "refined" and all, but remember it is a 6 cyl, a little less power, and no V8 rumble...

I have owned 2 E46 M3s and 2 E92 M3s, the last one I owned for 7 years. Never once had an issue with any of my cars. Now granted the 01, 04 and 2011 M3 I got rid at the end of the leases (sold them all for a profit, they hold their value) but my 2013 I had for 7 years and not one issue with that car. Also how are you guys getting a $60k price difference. I just paid $38k for a 2020 PP1 car that was heavily discounted. You can get a 2020 M4 comp package with discount around $68k...only a 30k difference. Yes you can load up a M4 to get near $88k with all the extended full leather, Individual audio and the Carbon brakes (something not even available in a Mustang GT) However, that is a much nicer car than a PP1 Mustang. Also, DCT cars are extremely reliable...they are tracked all the time. I prefer the 6MT but there are M3/4s living behind 700hp S55 motors with DCT no issues. There is a lot of BMW hate on this board and I understand, its a Mustang site. The only reason why I am not in a F8X car right now is because of affordability and the Mustang has come such a long way from what is was even just a decade ago. Love my Mustang, but if I had the money to burn like I did before I would be back into a M4 ZCP car.

I have an E88 135i Msport and feel the same way. 135i has catless downpipe, 7.5" fmic, and MHD Stage 2+ tune, and feels as powerful as the Mustang too. I swapped in the M3 suspension so it also handles great. 135i also has a thicker steering wheel, which is something that bugs me about the Mustang. C'mon Ford!
135i.jpg

What M3 parts did you swap into your 1 series, most of the parts are not compatible unless it was a M1 which did use the E92 control arms and such but has the fenders flared to fit all this.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Nice did not know this. She looks good.
Thanks. It's my daily driver. I feel bad that she has to live outside now. I'm thinking about buying a four post lift and parking her under the Mustang.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I have an E88 135i Msport and feel the same way. 135i has catless downpipe, 7.5" fmic, and MHD Stage 2+ tune, and feels as powerful as the Mustang too.
You're omitting to mention that your MHD stage 2+ 135i absolutely falls flat on its face by 5000rpm. Like hitting a wall. Been there done that. Fun car in the city though, will surprise many at the stop light!

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I'm a lifetime BMW guy, love them to death, but have 0 interest in anything past the E8x E9x generation. The F8x is in a different league than the Mustang. It's faster, sharper, better built and way more expensive. Problem it's just not that enjoyable or rewarding to drive.

Personally I derive a lot of driving enjoyment from things like feel and sound and the F8x has neither. It actually sounds awful. Whoever said it's like driving a fast Camry nailed it :crackup:
Sponsored