Sponsored

New Member from VT-15 Year old converted

Cole Quintin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hello,

I am Cole Quintin from Vermont.. I'm glad to introduced myself to this wonderful site. Now.. I know what some of you may be thinking.. "15 year old?!??!" and "Dreamer" and I know.. I get that a lot. But despite what people think I have my goals.

I have worked very hard the past 5 years or so. So, Here is my story.

In September of 2010, I had a MINT condition 2008 450cc Raptor, When they recently closed the local sand pits and trails because of people getting injured I decided I wanted to get a car instead as I was getting bored with the wheeler. I ended up selling it for $1,700.. Within two months I had another $800 saved up after working VERY hard mowing lawns, picking up leaves etc. I then was on the search for a father and son project for my Dad and I, I knew I didn't want anything given to me so I wanted to work on it together but still pay for everything I would put in it. I ended up with a 1968 Dodge Dart 2dr Hardtop. It needed a lot.. But was all I could afford at the time. I paid $2,200 cash for that car. Within the next 3 years I began buying and selling cheap cars, Buying old mopars and parting them out, doing everything I can to afford to build that car. I ended up sinking over $20,000 in just parts in to that car, No labor as we did everything ourself except the finishing body work. Car was working out to be a total custom labor of love. Everything was brand new or custom built. Well, long story short, I realized I was getting too paranoid about the car, Everything and I mean everything was custom and clean. With the way I was going, I would've had easy another $50,000 into the car.. I ended up taking huge loss in 2014 and selling the car and all the parts for $8,000. I then started looking for another car I could use as a nice driver.. Wanted something I could drive and have it not become another full custom build. I stumbled on buying a VERY nice, Super solid 1962 Dodge Polara from California. I didn't waste any time at all ripping into it, I had it all done and ready for paint at the body shop when someone called me up and offered me something I couldn't refuse in cash.. Although I wasn't planning on selling, Everything was for sale.. Including Body work, I had about $7,000 into the polara.. I ended up selling it for $12,900 the way it was. moving on from that, I decided I was done with the projects and was on the search for a nice driver mopar already done. I found my Uncles 1966 Charger on craigslist, Didn't even know he was selling it. I jumped on it right off. (Keep in mind, This was less then 3 months ago) The charger was fully built with a 500" stroker in it, built 727 trans, Eaton 3.91 8 3/4 and on and on, only problem was that it was eventually going to need paint. We went down to North Carolina last month and picked it up, Well low and behold I guess someone got ahold that I owned the car because they called me up and said they wanted it. It wasn't in the plan but on the way back to Vermont we stopped and traded it for a full frame off restored 1955 Chevy Belair, Absolutely Beautiful car. Just a couple weeks ago I unloaded the 55 and gave it a full detail and listed it for sale right off as I am not a chevy person at all. A couple weeks ago someone bought the car and wired me $40,000

I was then deciding what to do, I do understand most kids my age would be happy with anything, and don't get me wrong, I was very happy but I needed to decide what to do as I get my license next April . So.. Tuesday night we went to our local Dodge dealer who we deal with all the time and they are a blast, We bring the drag cars to their Mopar day car show and my parents have always bought their cars from them, My dad even worked there before leaving and opening up his own business. Well anyway, I told them what I was looking for.. a New 2015-16 Dodge Challenger, Preferably 392 Scat Pack.. They had three of them there.. I took a look at everything they had, They even showed me the v6s.Pftt.. We ended up driving a 2015 Sublime Scat Pack 392 M6 car.. Had 2,000 miles on it, Was already lowered, and had tinted windows, and exhaust, I realized quickly I didn't like the M6 though, So we kept looking.

. I recently saw a new S550 in person for the first time.. It came into our shop here to get a base dyno run. I was in LOVE.. Last night after a couple weeks of talking with the owner of the local ford dealership here in town, we went to the dealer and I drove a new 2016 Ecoboost just to get the feel of one as I have never sat in one.

Before going to the dealer I knew what I wanted.. Just didn't know if I should get a 2016 or wait for a 2017. The dealer didn't have any GTs on the lot and I couldn't order a 17 for another 30 days and then would have to wait for June production. So I ended up Spec'ing a new 2016 out and they did a search for what I wanted through the whole country.. They ended up finding only one.

I went ahead and Jumped on the deal and I now have a deposit on a 2016 Ruby Red GT Premium with the performance package. It is located at the Tacsa ford dealer in Cranston,RI. Now all we have to do is go and pick it up!
gugu.png
ggh.png
ihihi.png
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Wow, man, quite a history for a 15yo! More power to you, it seems like you have a great work ethic, very driven. Good luck with the new car, hope you are as responsible of a driver as you seem to be elsewhere in your life. I know as a 15yo testosterone filled kid with this much power, I would have wrapped it around a light pole within a couple of weeks. :)

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
You're probably going to catch a whole lot of hell on how you could invest in 40 grand into your future but you're only 15 and you got to live your life and have some damn fun! Think you may have found your career because if you can make that kind of money at 15 years old you need to keep doing it!

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
If this is legit, my envy and jealousy is over 9000; knowing full well I'll never be capable of doing anything awesome like that or making money like that, and I'm only 20....Dammit does life suck sometimes. :frusty:

But good for you, OP. :thumbsup:

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Congrats to the OP for his motivation and accomplishments.
The guy that owns the landscape company that does my lawn is 26 years old. When he was 10 years old his Father passed away. It became apparent to him that his mom was struggling to make ends meet and the spring following his Fathers passing he went around his neighborhood with his Dad's tractor cutting grass. Before the end of that first year he was making $1000 a week.
Fast forward to now some 16 years later and he does landscape design as well as regular lawn service. His projected earnings for this year are 6 million dollars.......26 years old.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
cool story, but why is it only 90 day bumper to bumper warranty?

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you man! Keep working hard; it will all pay off! Your new 5.0 is a reflection of your great work ethic.

Enjoy!

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I am going to buck the trend and call this a very bad decision. A 15 year old kid + a 40k, 5.0 Mustang + Vermont w/summer only tires = A good idea?

What could possibly go wrong.

Last edited:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I wasn't allowed to get my licence until I was 17:(

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Good on you, OP! Seems like you have a good head on your shoulders and aren't afraid of hard work. It's a good thing I never had a 400hp car when I was 16 though. I'd have a suspended license at best or be dead at worst. :headbonk:

knowing full well I'll never be capable of doing anything awesome like that or making money like that, and I'm only 20
Man, 20 is NOTHING. You've got your whole life ahead of you. When I was 20, I left college and had two jobs, and for a brief time, three. I was working 7am to 1pm for a landscape company on weekdays, then either waiting tables or doing data entry for a financial company nights and weekends. I worked seven days a week for well over a year. Fast-forward to now and I'm 36 with almost 13 years as a developer/programmer. I've been very blessed. I'm not super-rich by any means, but I never thought I'd be doing this well back when I was mowing grass and slinging food at age 20. Keep your head up and keep at it. Better things will come. Look, the fact that you drive a 2014 Focus and not a 10-year-old jalopy means you're already pretty fortunate. :thumbsup:

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I am going to buck the trend and call this a very bad decision. A 15 year old kid + a 40k, 5.0 Mustang + Vermont w/summer only tires = A good idea?

What could possible go wrong.
You realize he could buy snow tires, or a cheap Subaru for winters pretty easily. Especially if he was able to accumulate $40k at his age.
Sponsored