monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
20230418_182037.jpg

Till you mentioned I never gave thought to the satin vs matt issue.
Thanks, for pic!!! Looks fabulous!! I can't wait to get mine. $70 bucks for 4 plastic caps they should at least give u the option for matte, or gloss.
Thanks, Anthony

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks, for pic!!! Looks fabulous!! I can't wait to get mine. $70 bucks for 4 plastic caps they should at least give u the option for matte, or gloss.
Thanks, Anthony
Yeah and the caps that say Ford Performance on them are double in price. They’re really cool looking but $140 for plastic caps seems a bit high for me. My Steeda G Trac brace cost less than those caps

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Yeah and the caps that say Ford Performance on them are double in price. They’re really cool looking but $140 for plastic caps seems a bit high for me. My Steeda G Trac brace cost less than those caps
They are truly outta control. Ford performance..

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
They are truly outta control. Ford performance..
I would say their pricing is fair on a vast majority of their products. Even the GT350 FORD caps are priced fairly IMO. It’s just those particular FP caps for whatever reason

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Looking at these wheels for my 2015 GT vert. I've upgraded to Brembos but otherwise suspension is stock (for now). I have a Procharger on her so I need some meaty tires, and will be doing some track days this summer so time to ditch the factory 20s and allseasons!

Few questions: I'm looking to do these SVE SP2 wheels in staggered setup, and putting on a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires I can get locally that are factory take-offs from a new Mach 1 (305/30/19 and 315/30/19)

1. Will this setup fit okay with no rubbing? I'd like to avoid spacers for sure.

2. What kind of drop could I do in the future with this setup and avoid rubbing?

3. Would I get a ton of poke on the front with this setup? Anyone have photos of 305s on the front?

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Looking at these wheels for my 2015 GT vert. I've upgraded to Brembos but otherwise suspension is stock (for now). I have a Procharger on her so I need some meaty tires, and will be doing some track days this summer so time to ditch the factory 20s and allseasons!

Few questions: I'm looking to do these SVE SP2 wheels in staggered setup, and putting on a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires I can get locally that are factory take-offs from a new Mach 1 (305/30/19 and 315/30/19)

1. Will this setup fit okay with no rubbing? I'd like to avoid spacers for sure.

2. What kind of drop could I do in the future with this setup and avoid rubbing?

3. Would I get a ton of poke on the front with this setup? Anyone have photos of 305s on the front?
I believe to run a 305 up from you'll need the 19x11 wheel which requires a spacer and extended studs up front.

Frank302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1

Q: If its for track use why not go square setup? The ability to rotate tires will save you tons of money + the car will feel way better on the track.

1F: You're going to rub if you put a 305 with SP2's up front with no spacer. So you'll need a spacer, or wheel with a different offset. so if you're set on SP2's you might was well get 19x11's with 305's all around w/ 25mm spacers up front, Just My .02. Also 305's wont properly fit on SP2 19x10's

1R:Not sure about the no spacer 315 in the rear bit. But i'm running a 19x11 305/30/19 in the back with no spacer and I'm fine, if nobody else chimes in I can go check the gap later.

2: I'm currently running SP2's 19x11's with 305/30/19 all around. 1" drop all around. 25mm spacers up front with no rubbing.
3 Poke

Poke.jpeg

Last edited:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Q: If its for track use why not go square setup? The ability to rotate tires will save you tons of money + the car will feel way better on the track.

1F: You're going to rub if you put a 305 with SP2's up front with no spacer. So you'll need a spacer, or wheel with a different offset. so if you're set on SP2's you might was well get 19x11's with 305's all around w/ 25mm spacers up front, Just My .02. Also 305's wont properly fit on SP2 19x10's

1R:Not sure about the no spacer 315 in the rear bit. But i'm running a 19x11 305/30/19 in the back with no spacer and I'm fine, if nobody else chimes in I can go check the gap later.

2: I'm currently running SP2's 19x11's with 305/30/19 all around. 1" drop all around. 25mm spacers up front with no rubbing.
3 Poke
I'd be okay doing a square setup, but since I prefer to maximize the meat in the back for traction, and prefer not using spacers up front, perhaps I need to rethink my plan (which is why I'm glad you guys are willing to help me out!) I'm also only planning to track it probably once a year for fun events, and I'm no pro so not like I'd be very competitive, but do want traction and to be safe as possible.

So do the Mach 1's have different enough suspension to avoid the rubbing from the factory, or is their wheel offset enough to overcome it?

Frank302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I'd be okay doing a square setup, but since I prefer to maximize the meat in the back for traction, and prefer not using spacers up front, perhaps I need to rethink my plan (which is why I'm glad you guys are willing to help me out!) I'm also only planning to track it probably once a year for fun events, and I'm no pro so not like I'd be very competitive, but do want traction and to be safe as possible.

So do the Mach 1's have different enough suspension to avoid the rubbing from the factory, or is their wheel offset enough to overcome it?
Mach1 Handling Pack : +24mm offset
11" SP2's : +50mm offset.
10" SP2 : +35mm offset

This means the handling pack wheels are 11mm more negative (farther from the car) than the SP2's. SO you can fit a bigger tire without a spacer because it pokes the front out with the offset.
This is why adding a 25mm Spacer to a 50mm offset wheel effectively makes it a +25 offset and therefore being able to fit the bigger tire.

Photos for reference:
offset_3.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: