New GT500CFTP owner asking for help with GT350 back seat

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Hey guys, I just purchased my first non sn95/new edge mustang, a 2020 gt500 CFTP car and like the 350R it doesn’t have a back seat. Problem is my main wing man’s car seat won’t work back there so the delete needs to go in storage for now.

This car has the recaro seats and I’d like to match the alcantara. The standard GT500 back seat is just leather, but I’m pretty positive I’ve see GT350s with leather surrounds, alcantara centers and maybe even white stitching the back seats. Was that a certain year? I need a little help trying to figure out what I’m looking for.

Here is the recaros I’m trying to match. Thanks for the help!

1609452950644.jpeg
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The white stitching rears (alcantara) are GT350 rears, which are much more common.

R's didn't come with rears, but FRPP made a kit for those who wanted them (mainly people with kids who needed them for car seats) that have the red stitching, they're also alcantara.

Otherwise you could find someone selling their leather sets from the GT's (and I think maybe the leather heated/cooled GT350's might have them too, not sure).

Bottom line is that the most common sets you'll see for sale are the alcantara white stitching. Then you could see some leathers, and you'll rarely see a set of red stitching rears.

Also, if you don't buy the kit (FRPP) then you have to ensure you either do your research and get an entire parts list (that you ensure you get from the seller) or just buy the FRPP kit. There's more components than you'd think.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Link to the install instructions for the now defunct rear seat kit is available at the FP parts website. Complete parts list therein.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Ah I was looking at the same thing recently.

The seats you are talking about are the Technology Package(or non-track pack for 16) seats. They do seem to differ slightly over the years though. They do seem to change slightly over the years, but it could be my eyes/photos. 19+ is a big change as the alcantara is a different color, probably not what you would want. I have attached photos of each year for you, in order from 16-19.

2016.png

2017.png

2018.png

2019.png

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't think you are going to find a perfect match. Your best bet (if it has to match) would be to buy a GT350 back seat and have it re upholstered in alcantera and leather trim.

A GT back seat would probably be the same thing, so I would scour the junk yards and as Tob suggested, get the parts breakdown from FP.

Oh, I would be happy to buy your seat delete if you are interested in selling....

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

The seats you are talking about are the Technology Package(or non-track pack for 16) seats. They do seem to differ slightly over the years though. They do seem to change slightly over the years, but it could be my eyes/photos. 19+ is a big change as the alcantara is a different color, probably not what you would want. I have attached photos of each year for you, in order from 16-19.

2016.png

2017.png

2018.png

2019.png
Not your eyes. The color is different (lighter) on the 19+

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Not your eyes. The color is different (lighter) on the 19+
Oh yeah I mentioned the different color for the 19+ in my post. I was more talking about the perforation on the seats which looks to have changed from the 16, but different photos with different lighting.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oh yeah I mentioned the different color for the 19+ in my post. I was more talking about the perforation on the seats which looks to have changed from the 16, but different photos with different lighting.
Oops. Sorry, misread. Perforation doesn't strike me as being different. Only the color.

OP
OP
JCDriller

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP

2016.png

2017.png

2018.png

2019.png
Wow man, Thanks for this! It's exactly what I was looking for. As far as I can tell any of the 16-18 will work. I'm not worried about the perforations, but I definitely don't want the 19+. Again, thanks!

I don't think you are going to find a perfect match. Your best bet (if it has to match) would be to buy a GT350 back seat and have it re upholstered in alcantera and leather trim.

A GT back seat would probably be the same thing, so I would scour the junk yards and as Tob suggested, get the parts breakdown from FP.

Oh, I would be happy to buy your seat delete if you are interested in selling....
Tom, sorry man not selling the delete. I truly think this is the last of the non-hybrid/electric Halo Mustangs, the GT500 CFTP may actually be a good investment some day if I don't modify it or get rid of parts.

Last edited:

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
9501D02D-6AF3-4861-99FD-35F27C1CCE9E.jpeg
MPR performance is in the process of making this for my car. It will be an exact match to the front seats with the red bolstering. I’m sure they could match something similar to the 500 for you.
Sponsored