New GT350 Steering Wheel W/ Carbon Fiber Accents

Jshime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Out with the stock leather GT steering wheel and in with the new GT350 steering wheel. I took off the chrome pieces and had them hydro dipped in carbon fiber to match the rest of the chrome interior pieces I’ve had done. I also added a white sightline from Bemaro.

IMG_1345.jpeg
Sponsored

Dler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Where did you buy the steering wheel from

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looks good. The steering wheel is the one thing you interact with the most so I splurged on mine

IMG_8186.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Out with the stock leather GT steering wheel and in with the new GT350 steering wheel. I took off the chrome pieces and had them hydro dipped in carbon fiber to match the rest of the chrome interior pieces I’ve had done. I also added a white sightline from Bemaro.

IMG_1345.jpeg
Is it thicker than the stock wheel? Been a while since I’ve been in a 350 so I don’t recall if there’s a difference in thickness.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Looks good. The steering wheel is the one thing you interact with the most so I splurged on mine

IMG_8186.jpeg
Who did you go with for yours?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
This is my 3rd, and I went with @Beith Performance Parts . I believe my second one was with him as well but I liked the thicker and smaller diameter wheel that he offered.

If you want you can totally customize every detail.

OP
OP
Jshime

Jshime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is it thicker than the stock wheel? Been a while since I’ve been in a 350 so I don’t recall if there’s a difference in thickness.
Yes, it’s a little thicker. The 10 and 2 grips are also slightly more defined.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Who did you go with for yours?
For a cheaper alternative that is just every bit as good, give cfautomotor a look. Absolutely flawless construction and quality materials. I absolutely love this steering wheel!
They make them custom with your choice of colors and materials. Wasn't cheap, but it was A LOT cheaper than a Bieth.
1709404403458.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For a cheaper alternative that is just every bit as good, give cfautomotor a look. Absolutely flawless construction and quality materials. I absolutely love this steering wheel!
They make them custom with your choice of colors and materials. Wasn't cheap, but it was A LOT cheaper than a Bieth.
1709404403458.png
How big of a pain is it to transfer all the wiring over? It looks like they just send you the core and then you have to transfer everything. That’s one of the appeals of the 350 wheel, it’s all there, just have to flip the steering wheel controls

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
How big of a pain is it to transfer all the wiring over? It looks like they just send you the core and then you have to transfer everything. That’s one of the appeals of the 350 wheel, it’s all there, just have to flip the steering wheel controls
Not a pain at all, less than a 1 beer job. You just transfer over all your pre-existing buttons and tighten the steering nut and replace the airbag.

Pro-tip, disconnect the battery before removing or installing your airbag...Just in case lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not a pain at all, less than a 1 beer job. You just transfer over all your pre-existing buttons and tighten the steering nut and replace the airbag.

Pro-tip, disconnect the battery before removing or installing your airbag...Just in case lol.
Awesome, thanks!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Very easy job. I think I did mine in one hour and I was taking my time. The hardest part is getting the airbag/horn assembly off. The retaining springs are a hassle. But you have to remove them for any steering wheel swap. Check you tube for video tutorials.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Very easy job. I think I did mine in one hour and I was taking my time. The hardest part is getting the airbag/horn assembly off. The retaining springs are a hassle. But you have to remove them for any steering wheel swap. Check you tube for video tutorials.
It can be, automotive picks can help in that task.

Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 6.53.48 PM.png
Sponsored