Kosto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hello, Mustang noob here.

Anyways drove home a 2020 gt350 the other day. I used the forum here as a guide as to what to look for when taking possession from the dealership and everything seemed to check out. So thanks to everyone who contributed to that sticky list, already invaluable!

Now the question is, and I am really hoping this is normal operation, but whenever i shut the car off and get out the back suspension(from what I can tell) makes this hydraulic sounding whine like its adjusting itself? I have kept it all in default normal steering and suspension setup as of now so is that the magniride doing something? Never have owned a vehicle like this before don't know if this is normal?

Cheers!
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500

Anyways drove home a 2020 gt350 the other day. I used the forum here as a guide as to what to look for when taking possession from the dealership and everything seemed to check out. So thanks to everyone who contributed to that sticky list, already invaluable!

Now the question is, and I am really hoping this is normal operation, but whenever i shut the car off and get out the back suspension(from what I can tell) makes this hydraulic sounding whine like its adjusting itself? I have kept it all in default normal steering and suspension setup as of now so is that the magniride doing something? Never have owned a vehicle like this before don't know if this is normal?

Cheers!
is this different from the exhaust valves cycling? the exhaust valves make more of a clanking noise and they move like 3-4 times when you get out.

OP
OP

Kosto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It's not really a clanking noise. It's sounds like an electric reee noise. Maybe I can try to get it on video. But yeah Everytime I shut the car off it does this at all 4 tires as if the dampeners or something are adjusting from track or sport mode back to normal. It's settled after a few seconds and stops but not sure what's making the noise.

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
When you go to start the car next time try this.

push down the clutch and wait like 5-10 seconds without pushing the start button.

Do you hear the same sound? (Make sure your windows are down)

Understeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Lead Foot Grey GT350, 67 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Has to be the exhaust valves

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, the magnaride just uses an electromagnet to essentially change the viscosity of the fluid within the damper. There is no ride hide adjustment or hydraulic action happening. I havent noticed any noises at shut down from the vehicle.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Cheers!
Magneride has no moving parts, so it's not that. Probably, as others have said, the exhaust (loud noise enabling) valves cycling as the ECU shuts down. The only other thing back there with a motor is the fuel pump(s), unless they've done something new with the evap system. Regardless, it's normal, whatever it is.

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Mine makes the same sound...

When you go to start the car next time try this.

push down the clutch and wait like 5-10 seconds without pushing the start button.

Do you hear the same sound? (Make sure your windows are down)
And yes I do.

Assumed it’s a fuel pump, but didn’t think it was exhaust valves. Now I’m curious.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
What you're describing almost seems like an electric whine...could be the fuel pump. Fuel pumps are located within the gas tank and that would be more towards the rear. Fuel pumps are basically electric motors/pump.

Understeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Lead Foot Grey GT350, 67 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Also diff cooler pump and trans pump, so lots of options for that sound you’re describing. Still bet it’s the exhaust valves

Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
It’s the exhaust valves. I’ve had two GT350s and the noise you describe sounds typical of what I experience. Enjoy.

OP
OP

Kosto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Thanks everyone for your advice on this! From what I can deduce it appears all roads point to it being just normal operation and I shouldn't be concerned, great to hear!

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Normal sounds, when you depress the clutch, you will here something, probably fuel pump, cycle four times, the exhaust valves will cycle and a few other random pumps will cycle, it's pretty normal.

Sit and enjoy the burble as you warm up the car.
Sponsored