OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
For any future order, just spotted this info from DD in the French Mustang Forum :

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately we are currently out of stock on our Mustang sidemarkers, which is why you do not see the listings directly on the website. We do expect these to be back available within the next 2-3 weeks, at which time they will appear back on our website. We do offer a EU version of the product, that will include the wiring necessary for the European models to function. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know and I would be happy to help you out - thanks!
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
For any future order, just spotted this info from DD in the French Mustang Forum :
At least you could tell this to your customers if they already paid and still waiting for replies what's going on with the order. :doh:

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
At least you could tell this to your customers if they already paid and still waiting for replies what's going on with the order. :doh:
I guess you want to pass on that message to Diode Dynamics not [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] who is just a member and customer like all of us.
He just found this information on another thread and shared. You should contact Diode Dynamics.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
[MENTION=21232]Kaps[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] reads this thread since they leave some 'thanks' when you say something positive about them - but they don't reply to questions about quality and\or post info that could be useful to customers, like the one John found.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I guess you want to pass on that message to Diode Dynamics not @John577 who is just a member and customer like all of us.
He just found this information on another thread and shared. You should contact Diode Dynamics.
Of course I know that John is not from DD, I meant my post in gerenal. If a company takes an order and the money of a customer, at least they could reply to his mails if there are any delays :)

Sponsored

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Of course I know that John is not from DD, I meant my post in gerenal. If a company takes an order and the money of a customer, at least they could reply to his mails if there are any delays :)
Agree with you 110%, I can feel your concern here, communication can help resolve a lot of issues and can also make waiting less painful. I am in the same boat, buying lot of stuff from Vendors in America, so far UPR tops the chart. Excellent communication, customer service, pricing and follows.
Others are all missing one thing or other and it becomes a bit hard for international customers due to different time zone and shipment times.

Hope your issue is resolved soon. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
LOL, you guys are crazy, yes I don't work for any of the company mentioned here (also the admins thought that ...).
Simply a customer like all of you :cheers:

But indeed, they could just give a feedback to your mail or even, as we all know that they read all the threads here, leave a post to mention the delay on this product ! :shrug:

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey guys- to those who ordered the units without LEDs, those are shipping today finally after some delay. These were a custom item that we had to put together as a special order. These are not stocked items. I'm sorry for any confusion regarding the delay. I have just replied to emails sent.

For anyone else with a normal order, please feel free to email us for an order update.

Thanks!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Just saw the mail, mine are finally shipping. Great! :headbang:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine too!
However, I need to complain with [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] for the sh*tty quick splice connectors!! Guys, have you tried these before sending us?? I can't remember to have seen such a poor quality in a long time. The internal blades don't peel the wire properly, and the spade connector is very loose when inserted.

At first I had to re-open these stupid connectors because of faulty contacts, then I had to cover with electrical tape all this 'system' to avoid the wires falling down.

Yes, the sidemarkers work very well, they are great, but.. you always refers to quality, quality controls, quality materials.. Well I can say that the connectors you put in this are NOT quality at all. In the next few days I will remove again the license plate light to fix it in some other way.
Just noticed this thread in international section:

Anyone else have this problem with diode dynamics led side marker

Again, quality issues.. I hope mine will work forever, but with those crappy connector I doubt it..
Having at this point an idea of the (low) quality of DD' products, I'm a bit surprised that my sidemarkers are still working.

Yesterday I did the weekly lights inspection - you know, with all those mods it's a good idea to check if everything is still working - and I noticed that both sidemarkers are OFF. Tapped gently on sidemarkers, no lights. Tapped on licence plate light, and sidemarkers comes ON!

This morning, sidemarkers are ON but when arrived at work, they are off again. Tapped again on license plate light, and they come on.

DAMN STUPID CONNECTORS!! :rant:

I said that I have to replace them, but never did. So today, while reciting a poem full of bad words against DD, I start to fix this imperfect mod.

First, remove the poor quality quick splice connectors

now you have all wires free and clean

skin the license plate light wires so you will have the internal wires exposed

now twist the sidemarkers wires on them and cover with electrical tape

I also used some automotive fabric tape to protect it

And now sidemarkers are working again :)

I am really upset but not for the connectors itself. I often bought chinese or cheap stuff and sometimes they don't work as expected, but in those cases sellers are not claiming "top notch quality", or "designed by us in blahblah USA", as quality is their main concern.
Please DD stop advertising all your stuff as you produce the best-of-the-world stuff: you only have regular stuff, like other sellers, and sometimes below-average-quality items. Sure you have a good customer service, but it's the minimum you can do to fix all issues of your product!!
:tsk:

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Having at this point an idea of the (low) quality of DD' products, I'm a bit surprised that my sidemarkers are still working.
I apologize for the quality of the quick splice connectors. Unfortunately, we weren't able to source an OEM-plug for the EU setup as we had originally intended. Upon discovering that barrier, we reduced the cost of the kit (refunded the balance to pending orders) and shipped out a setup that would allow them to function properly with basic quick splice connectors.

Soldering is the ideal solution, but we can't ship soldering equipment nor can we expect customers to solder their wiring.

Our team dedicates an incredible amount of time to the design and testing of all of our products. I understand your frustration, but we always stand behind our products and make sure our customers are taken care of.

Nick C.

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I remember the refund and the story about the OEM-plug. But by putting these connectors in this kit you don't do a favour to customers.. better to have nothing, so one will splice the wires by hand (no need to solder, simply twist and tape) than using bad connectors that with time and road bumps could fall off, or in worst cases, make some false contacts and\or sparkles.
If your team have tried these connectors, they would have noticed that the spade connector falls off :-\

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I remember the refund and the story about the OEM-plug. But by putting these connectors in this kit you don't do a favour to customers.. better to have nothing, so one will splice the wires by hand (no need to solder, simply twist and tape) than using bad connectors that with time and road bumps could fall off, or in worst cases, make some false contacts and\or sparkles.
If your team have tried these connectors, they would have noticed that the spade connector falls off :-\
They are used widely in automotive applications and are a common solution for basic wiring such as this. They don't have to be used, but we have to include something to make it easier for the customer.

Nick C.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
They are used widely in automotive applications and are a common solution for basic wiring such as this. They don't have to be used, but we have to include something to make it easier for the customer.

Nick C.
I agree about this, but my point is: do you want to make customers life easier by adding these? Ok, but add some _quality_ connectors, otherwise better to not include them.
As you can see, they were so useful that I had to fix my installation :lol: :doh:

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I agree about this, but my point is: do you want to make customers life easier by adding these? Ok, but add some _quality_ connectors, otherwise better to not include them.
As you can see, they were so useful that I had to fix my installation :lol: :doh:
We're always looking to improve our offerings, so thanks for your feedback. We will have to see what we can do in continuing to improve this item.

Thanks!
Sponsored