New DiodeDynamics side markers

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Installed mine too!
LED sidemarkers are really cool, even if probably they are too bright at night. I was checking other cars and no one has illuminated sidemarkers.. mmm..

However, I need to complain with @Diode Dynamics for the sh*tty quick splice connectors!! Guys, have you tried these before sending us?? I can't remember to have seen such a poor quality in a long time. The internal blades don't peel the wire properly, and the spade connector is very loose when inserted.

At first I had to re-open these stupid connectors because of faulty contacts, then I had to cover with electrical tape all this 'system' to avoid the wires falling down.

Yes, the sidemarkers work very well, they are great, but.. you always refers to quality, quality controls, quality materials.. Well I can say that the connectors you put in this are NOT quality at all. In the next few days I will remove again the license plate light to fix it in some other way.

Hopefully mine have a straight lines:

Removing light, very easy

Very poor quick splice connectors

I haven't a picture of those covered with electrical tape because I was a bit upset!

Job done

However I'm a bit worried about night brightness.. maybe too much

I'm wondering if I could use a potentiometer to lower the voltage and have them a dim a bit..
How did you take off the light as shown in picture above, can you please explain a bit. I am finding it hard to take off. Don't want to break anything.

Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Looking at it, you can see a clip that you need to push with something like a flat head screwdriver. It comes off very easily.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Looking at it, you can see a clip that you need to push with something like a flat head screwdriver. It comes off very easily.
Thanks, REAR LED side markers installed. :D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
So what's the deal or current situation for the brightness on these sidemarkers/LED's? I'm not a fan of adding these PWM Dimmers. Thx

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Actually after some time I get used to the brightness, and dirt on car dimmed them a bit :D
Me too don't want to buy this stuff - maybe I would have tried a DIY but seems that cops don't care about that.

Sponsored

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Actually after some time I get used to the brightness, and dirt on car dimmed them a bit :D
Me too don't want to buy this stuff - maybe I would have tried a DIY but seems that cops don't care about that.
Me too... Used to the brightness now, wouldn't change it.
And also cops don't seem to care here neither and people really think it's standard on the car...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Me too... Used to the brightness now, wouldn't change it.
And also cops don't seem to care here neither and people really think it's standard on the car...
Yeah this ^^^^
even if no other car has it :ninja: :shrug: :headbang:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
People also think that the exhaust on my car is OEM ... :ninja:
:lol::lol: :headbang:
I'm thinking about replacing my exhaust with the ""OEM" Magnaflow :D

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Street - I'm interested in a deeper sound at low rpm (since I always drive in low rpm - I'm still a diesel guy.. :headbonk:) but not too much noise overall, and it seemes perfect about that.
I opened a thread in ecoboost subsection to ask if someone has mmr cai + magnaflow street, just to hear what this combination sounds :)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Hm, does anybody else had long delivery times from DD? My order ist on "Fulfilling" for over 2 weeks now and they are not responding to mails :shrug:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Hm, does anybody else had long delivery times from DD? My order ist on "Fulfilling" for over 2 weeks now and they are not responding to mails :shrug:
My order was in 'fulfilling' status even after I received and installed the side markers..

Did you order the clear ones?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Hm ok. Yeah I ordered the clear sidemarker glasses. Maybe they are already on it's way, but would be good to know since I want to mod a lot of things next weekend.
Sponsored