Sponsored

New car squeal....

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 black track pack
Took delivery of my black track pack in central PA today. Just as I pull out of the lot, it starts to snow. 10 mins later and I'm in my garage. Before I shut her down, I give it a shot of throttle and get a fairly loud squeal. Pitch didn't change with an increase of throttle. So I popped the hood to get a better idea what it was. Sounded like it was coming from the passenger side between the motor and the wheel well. Shut the car off and restarted. No noise and I couldn't get it to do it again. Strange. Anyone else have a similar issue?
On a side note... Fit and finish is pretty good. One small run in the pain on the right side front bumper. Can't wait to put some miles on it!!
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
No issue here. Congrats on your new ride! Pictures please.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, nothing like that here either. I'm not sure what it would be. My first thought would have been belt, but that would change with RPM. Anything associated with the moving engine parts would also change with RPM.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Took delivery of my black track pack in central PA today. Just as I pull out of the lot, it starts to snow. 10 mins later and I'm in my garage. Before I shut her down, I give it a shot of throttle and get a fairly loud squeal. Pitch didn't change with an increase of throttle. So I popped the hood to get a better idea what it was. Sounded like it was coming from the passenger side between the motor and the wheel well. Shut the car off and restarted. No noise and I couldn't get it to do it again. Strange. Anyone else have a similar issue?
On a side note... Fit and finish is pretty good. One small run in the pain on the right side front bumper. Can't wait to put some miles on it!!
Mine did the same thing last night after taking delivery and got home sitting in the driveway. It did it for 5 minutes and then stopped. Probably just the belts finding their groove. My car only had 5 miles on it at delivery.

350_Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
06 Lincoln LS, 16 GT350
Very Interesting. I forgot all about this until i saw the thread. Same thing happened to me the day I brought the car home. 200 mile drive without issue, got home, gave it some revs to show off to the girlfriend, And heard the squeal. I assumed it was the belt and it went away after 5 minutes.

1000 miles now and its been a dream.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't to worried. My gt500 pulley belt would squeal all day below 50 degrees. Drove me nuts!!

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
If it is the brakes... Brembo has pretty much screwed us considering the dealer has my car right now for a loud brake noise but they only fix it if its the 3 piston brakes and not the 4 piston brakes from them. Thanks Ford.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Brembos do squeak a little at times, especially if it's cold and you are barely touching them and it's the first stop of the day. I haven't had any loud noises from them, though.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Here is a video/audio of my car I took this morning after I cranked it up. We had frost and much condensation. Anyway, you can hear the squeal in this video along with some sweeeet exhaust note!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]fNyB9lMTMaE[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a video/audio of my car I took this morning after I cranked it up. We had frost and much condensation. Anyway, you can hear the squeal in this video along with some sweeeet exhaust note!
Yeah man!!!! I'm telling you. This thing is every bit as loud as my 500 was with no cats and stock exhaust.

Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Noticed the squeal, but damn...the Voodoo engine exhaust note sounds lovely!

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
at what time period is this squeal at i couldnt make out

HizliBullet

GT350