Sponsored

New Car Package Options, need some help...

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I am looking at buying a new GT, or the right used car but need some help.

i am looking at two packages:
GT Premium with the Black Accent Package, Active Exhaust, 401, 3.55 gears in the 10 speed.

GT Premium with same specs but with PP, magneride.

I will not track this car but will use it for taking trips, mountain and coastal driving and generally having fun since there is nothing like the GT.

i would order the Magneride without the PP if it was an option because I would like to have something that I can use on long road trips but still has a performance driving option.

So please give me your thoughts. The PP price has steadily increased and I’m not sure the $6200 is worth the upgrade since I’m not tracking it but I’m open.

Any suggestion on aftermarket options that would improve ride comfort, handling, or is the stock suspension fine in the non PP standard Package.

i appreciate the help.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think the regular suspension is fine, it's stiffer than you'd expect but still comfortable. I know magneride is a pretty big upgrade though because it's smoother and more refined when you're hitting corners. I recommend active exhaust too. If I had to choose between those two I'd pick the 401A car for sure. You can always get a good aftermarket suspension later if you want.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Active exhaust is so nice. Especially if you mod your exhaust a little. Being able to go quiet mode for a long road trip is a big deal!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If I understand you correctly you are asking if it is worth adding PP & MR to the first car you described. The simple answer is sure if you have the dollars to add them. Do you need them for your usage of the car? No. Now your going to hear about how great the Brembo’s are (they are), and how great MR is (it is). But based on the way you’re going to use your car the ROI just isn’t there. Unless, of course, you want it and can afford it.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do you have any interest in modifying the car? If so, consider that. It will be expensive to piece together the PP1/Magnaride equivalent parts separate. PP1 will be way ahead of a non-PP car as far as that. And yes, the Brembo brakes are awesome.

I err on the side of performance vs creature comforts so to me, no brainer on the PP1. Nothing wrong with a non-PP car, however. All about personal preference and future plans.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Appreciate the advice. I won’t be doing any mods that I am aware of but I know how that goes. I appreciate the active exhaust vote as I was thinking in a long road to the rumble might annoy the wife.

I’m pretty much committed to doing it right, one and done, modern safety features, leather heated/cooled seats etc, which is the only reason I’m considering the PP. Man, the price sure climbs up and Ford knows how to upsale.

if I could just find a 2020 with PP with the spoiler delete option, I would go that route since they seen to be fault discounted.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Personally I think for road trips and fun mountain driving a non PP car would be more than enough. These cars can handle more than most of us throw at them. The active exhaust is nice. Of course all this coming from a PP2 owner ...lol My son has a non PP car and he can push it pretty hard. Magnaride is great too, but certainly not a must have for the type driving you mentioned. Just my 2 cents.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I take delivery tomorrow on this very same car that I ordered back in December ...GT Premium with the Black Accent Package, Active Exhaust, 401, 3.55 gears in the 10 speed.
I too wanted MR but didn’t want the PP added on for another $6300 effectively making it an $8000 total option and knowing I’ll never track the car I passed. It would have been nice if Ford offered it as a stand alone option My new car will be a DD and taken on some trips. My last car was 2015 EB Premium and that handled just fine without MR so I’m sure I’ll be happy without it.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I too am biased since I have a PP2, but my second choice was a PP1 with Magnaride and the A10.
Just a side note of consideration. I had a 2013 GT with the Brembo package. The wife thought the ride was too stiff, and I thought it was too soft. Magnaride was the cure; normal when she rides, and normal or sport depending on my mood when I'm solo.

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
For me the 401a package and active exhaust was a must have. Luckily I found those with the pp1 as well which was around 5k at that time. Had the car for about 4 months and I’m glad I stuck to those options. Aftermarket wise all I did was exhaust and lowered the car.

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i have a 2015 GT Premium PP1. i dont mod the cars that much but i did add aftermarket exhaust.
magnaride was not offered so cant speak on that but i am satisfied with what i have,
if you are looking to trade in a couple years the PP1 magna will help with trade value, or private party.
you can always look for aftermarket exhaust later...
i dont track the car but i like the handling and how it feels. more solid to the road IMO.
plus you get the bigger brakes, bigger sway bars, bigger radiator, etc.....so does help some.
i dont think you can get the black accent with PP1 either, so if you really want a painted black roof then go standard. you can always wrap with vinyl later as i did.
you have options out there but like "shifting gears" said it would be more expensive to piece together the PP1 Magna stuff than to add exhaust and a vinyl top....and Brembo's!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I do not have active exhaust and my wife has never complained about the sound. She isn't the type to NOT complain about something in my cars, but so far she hasn't had much negative to say about my Premium GT. Her idea of the perfect car is a slow Lexus.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I do not have active exhaust and my wife has never complained about the sound. She isn't the type to NOT complain about something in my cars, but so far she hasn't had much negative to say about my Premium GT. Her idea of the perfect car is a slow Lexus.
The idea behind active exhaust is you can put a H pipe on and make it much louder, but still keep it quiet when your wife might be unhappy.

You get the best of both worlds with active exhaust. With AE and an H pipe it's pretty darn loud in track mode. I love the noise, but also love not being stuck with that all the time.

And you can quiet start if you want your neighbors to not hate you and you daily your car like I do.

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I appreciate the feedback. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet and will likely figure it out soon. I keep hoping to find a loaded 2020 PP with the spoiler delete on sale but so far nothing. Any car will be an improvement on the 2007 GT I had and I loved that car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I am looking at buying a new GT, or the right used car but need some help.

i am looking at two packages:
GT Premium with the Black Accent Package, Active Exhaust, 401, 3.55 gears in the 10 speed.

GT Premium with same specs but with PP, magneride.

I will not track this car but will use it for taking trips, mountain and coastal driving and generally having fun since there is nothing like the GT.

i would order the Magneride without the PP if it was an option because I would like to have something that I can use on long road trips but still has a performance driving option.

So please give me your thoughts. The PP price has steadily increased and I’m not sure the $6200 is worth the upgrade since I’m not tracking it but I’m open.

Any suggestion on aftermarket options that would improve ride comfort, handling, or is the stock suspension fine in the non PP standard Package.

i appreciate the help.
PP1 does not make your car a "track car". It makes your car more capable of using the engine's power and performance. It makes the car more stable, better handling, better braking, but does not make it "track ready".

I myself can't fathom getting a GT without the PP. I can't imagine having all that power, without the control to use it now & again.

Magneride? It's so hyped, it won't live up to your expectations. At least it didn't for me.......for the first few hundred miles. Then you start to understand and notice it more......and it's Witchcraft.

Now, I can't fathom getting a GT without PP and Magneride.

You say "....there is nothing like the GT". You've owned a Mustang GT before? Is that what you're basing these ride-quality questions on?
Sponsored