Sponsored

New 6 mo old at dealer w/15k ADM

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Because he owns the dealership and the car. If he does not care where the car is, then who would? It's his bottom line right?

Faster typist goes to @Tomster. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Good luck!!... I've spoke with several dealers in past 2 weeks trying to negotiate a trade for my dealers shelby, as its not spec'd how I want. He is willing to trade but none of the dealers i spoke with were willing. They just wanted to do direct sell with their ridiculous ADM mark ups!
So I've decided to just stick with my dealers 2021 allocation and wait it out!

If you are interested in a white with blue stripes, tech and performance package, let me know and I'll get you in contact with my guy. He will def work with you.

However, not to get off subject, just wanted to throw this out there. I found it interesting... one of the dealers i contacted last week had their car at 20k over. When I called to inquire about dealer trade, the sales rep put me on hold for a few min then got back on the line and said

"No to trade, but if I was interested in buying strait from them, I would need to make an appointment. The car was not at the dealership. It was being kept at the owner of the dealerships home in his garage with the rest of his private car collection. And that he was firm on the price. Otherwise the car would stay at his home in the collection."

How are they aloud to keep an untitled new car in their garage/personal car collection? Furthermore say its only for sale at 20k over otherwise im keeping it here? At some point in time I would imagine he would have to title it if he keeps it in his possession....right?
Ford sells the car to the dealership. Thus, dealership owns the car until it is sold or dealer traded. They can store it on the moon if they wish. FoMoCo relinquishes ownership once the MCOO is issued to the dealer.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
End of month, end of year is the best time to buy a car, especially a performance vehicle. You may want to wait until closer to the end of the month.

Targets and sales performance are huge at a dealership. Use that to your advantage.
Exactly. 2020 production ends late Dec. 2021 starts after the holiday vacation. Dealers want to avoid ad valorem floor tax on in stock cars. The 31st is on Thursday. The funds are in my cash account @ UBS Financial https://www.ubs.com/us/en.html We have a saying in TX "Bullshit walks ...... Money talks," The dealership has only one choice at that point. Sell it at MSRP and get paid by wire transfer same day or I walk. It is that simple. If I do, I will purchase the GT Premium drop top, triple black that I have a refundable deposit on. That dealer is a 20 min drive further west on the same highway. Gotta love the DFW, TX area. The Ford dealers are like flies on manure. :cwl: :rockon:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Exactly. 2020 production ends late Dec. 2021 starts after the holiday vacation. Dealers want to avoid ad valorem floor tax on in stock cars. The 31st is on Thursday. The funds are in my cash account @ UBS Financial https://www.ubs.com/us/en.html We have a saying in TX "Bullshit walks ...... Money talks," The dealership has only one choice at that point. Sell it at MSRP and get paid by wire transfer same day or I walk. It is that simple. If I do, I will purchase the GT Premium drop top, triple black that I have a refundable deposit on. That dealer is a 20 min drive further west on the same highway. Gotta love the DFW, TX area. The Ford dealers are like flies on manure. :cwl: :rockon:
Good luck. It simply comes down to whether they want to sell or sit on the car. End of month and year will be a true test.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
True this. I can wait. If it sells before hand, so be it. I will simply order a 2021. :inlove:

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Would smarter minds care to share the pros and cons of getting a 2020 at MSRP end of the year like Tom is talking about vs waiting a few months for a 2021 at MSRP? I would have to think waiting for the newer MY at MSRP would be the better move if one is not in a rush. Is that a fair assumption?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If they have ADM on the 20 why wouldn't they have ADM on the 21?

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Depends on your plans. If you plan to keep it more than 3yrs then get the 20. If u plan to try and sell it in 6mo then wait for 21

During these crazy times a bird in the hand holds some merit too

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Would smarter minds care to share the pros and cons of getting a 2020 at MSRP end of the year like Tom is talking about vs waiting a few months for a 2021 at MSRP? I would have to think waiting for the newer MY at MSRP would be the better move if one is not in a rush. Is that a fair assumption?
Not that I am any smarter, but I do know the base model will have a track option (or something like that name wise) which will come with non-exposed carbon wheels and no giant rear wing. I imagine that would shave off several grand from the $18,500 CFTP option price and you should get the Recaro's and handling package. By the time you adjust out the price of the seats and handling package (my base car went up $3,095 for those options which are included on the 2020 CFTP car), it might only be 10K give or take a grand in price and you are getting the carbon wheels, seats, handling package and maybe some other options.
You will have the obligatory annual increase in price to consider for a 2021 though.
If I did not get this late 2020 allocation, I would have added the track option (whatever it will be called) to a 2021 base car.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes. It comes down to do you want it now. I don't think anyone cracked the whip at Flat Rock, so the build quality will be about the same.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
You won't be able to buy a '21 at MSRP. That is the issue. Once the Z06 C8 is in production, then the dealers will get religion with any luck. People vote with their wallets. I sure as hell do. Hell, there are dealers here in the N TX market asking ADM on CPO GT500's.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Not that I am any smarter, but I do know the base model will have a track option (or something like that name wise) which will come with non-exposed carbon wheels and no giant rear wing. I imagine that would shave off several grand from the $18,500 CFTP option price and you should get the Recaro's and handling package. By the time you adjust out the price of the seats and handling package (my base car went up $3,095 for those options which are included on the 2020 CFTP car), it might only be 10K give or take a grand in price and you are getting the carbon wheels, seats, handling package and maybe some other options.
You will have the obligatory annual increase in price to consider for a 2021 though.
If I did not get this late 2020 allocation, I would have added the track option (whatever it will be called) to a 2021 base car.
Then there is the added cost of street wheels if the '21 is stock with CF wheels ...........

Looper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
13' GT500
I live in DFW also Mikey. On the hunt for some sort of deal on the closest spec I can find to my preferred. (fingers crossed). Looking forward to seeing how your events turn out. Good luck!
Sponsored