New 6 mo old at dealer w/15k ADM

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Found a stripper in a color I like at a TX dealer. As stated, the dealer is still asking $15k in ADM. Their floor plan has to be eating into their profit. What are the odds they will come off it for a serious buyer ? I have the liquidity to wire transfer the MSRP and TTL.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
You can't lose any money making a offer. Worst case, they turn you down. Now would be the time to call all the dealers you can and try to get in an order for a 2021.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Call them, tell them you’re interested. But only at msrp and you’re ready to wire the money. If they want the car to sell they’ll do it, if they’re happy with keeping the car as a showroom ornament then they’ll decline. It never hurts to ask, if you can let them know you’re actually a serious buyer will be key

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
With the end of the year coming and 2021s about to be ready to order, you would think they would make a deal. Of course some won't go MSRP. I happen to know a dealership in SE Texas that has yet to have anyone take their 2021 allocation at MSRP. I know because it was mine until Ford gave them a late 2020 allocation and my 2020 MSPR is on the railcar as I type.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Guess I'll go there tomorrow and inquire. I want the car, prefer it to the upcoming Z06. Still having a hard time wrapping my head around the C8. My other ace in the hole is that another Dallas metro dealer will sell at msrp if I order a 2021. They get a lot of business from my credit union so they're not going to risk that business over a negative review on the cu's dealer review site.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guess I'll go there tomorrow and inquire. I want the car, prefer it to the upcoming Z06. Still having a hard time wrapping my head around the C8. My other ace in the hole is that another Dallas metro dealer will sell at msrp if I order a 2021. They get a lot of business from my credit union so they're not going to risk that business over a negative review on the cu's dealer review site.
I would recommend not going to the dealer. You step into their building and they think they have you (whether or not they don't). Be invisible for now. Contact their internet rep and make your offer. They will run it up the flag pole and get back to you. Now they are going to insist you come in. Don't unless they send you an offer in writing. Tell them you're not interested in wasting your time or theirs.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What I was thinking of doing. I have the card from one of the internet sales peeps. I'm calling her.

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
What I was thinking of doing. I have the card from one of the internet sales peeps. I'm calling her.
I know of a base silver with black roof just arrived at a dealer north of you. They offered me $6k ADM but I bought elsewhere.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I want the car, prefer it to the upcoming Z06.
Is there enough data on the new Z06 to really make an informed decision? I mean, if it's "I prefer a Mustang (or Ford)" or "I like back seats", I get it, but what I'm hearing about the Z06 sounds pretty spectacular.

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Not every dealer is firm on their adm. It never hurts to try. I got mine for $5k over but the dealer had it listed for $20k over.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My go to cu dealer just updated their website. IT dept waited till after the Cowboys game. :cwl: They now have a GT500 in stock.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Good luck!!... I've spoke with several dealers in past 2 weeks trying to negotiate a trade for my dealers shelby, as its not spec'd how I want. He is willing to trade but none of the dealers i spoke with were willing. They just wanted to do direct sell with their ridiculous ADM mark ups!
So I've decided to just stick with my dealers 2021 allocation and wait it out!

If you are interested in a white with blue stripes, tech and performance package, let me know and I'll get you in contact with my guy. He will def work with you.

However, not to get off subject, just wanted to throw this out there. I found it interesting... one of the dealers i contacted last week had their car at 20k over. When I called to inquire about dealer trade, the sales rep put me on hold for a few min then got back on the line and said

"No to trade, but if I was interested in buying strait from them, I would need to make an appointment. The car was not at the dealership. It was being kept at the owner of the dealerships home in his garage with the rest of his private car collection. And that he was firm on the price. Otherwise the car would stay at his home in the collection."

How are they aloud to keep an untitled new car in their garage/personal car collection? Furthermore say its only for sale at 20k over otherwise im keeping it here? At some point in time I would imagine he would have to title it if he keeps it in his possession....right?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
End of month, end of year is the best time to buy a car, especially a performance vehicle. You may want to wait until closer to the end of the month.

Targets and sales performance are huge at a dealership. Use that to your advantage.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good luck!!... I've spoke with several dealers in past 2 weeks trying to negotiate a trade for my dealers shelby, as its not spec'd how I want. He is willing to trade but none of the dealers i spoke with were willing. They just wanted to do direct sell with their ridiculous ADM mark ups!
So I've decided to just stick with my dealers 2021 allocation and wait it out!

If you are interested in a white with blue stripes, tech and performance package, let me know and I'll get you in contact with my guy. He will def work with you.

However, not to get off subject, just wanted to throw this out there. I found it interesting... one of the dealers i contacted last week had their car at 20k over. When I called to inquire about dealer trade, the sales rep put me on hold for a few min then got back on the line and said

"No to trade, but if I was interested in buying strait from them, I would need to make an appointment. The car was not at the dealership. It was being kept at the owner of the dealerships home in his garage with the rest of his private car collection. And that he was firm on the price. Otherwise the car would stay at his home in the collection."

How are they aloud to keep an untitled new car in their garage/personal car collection? Furthermore say its only for sale at 20k over otherwise im keeping it here? At some point in time I would imagine he would have to title it if he keeps it in his possession....right?
The dealership bought the car. Its theirs. They can do what they want with it. As long as it isn't titled, it can be sold as a new car with (whatever) miles they want to out on the car.

Here's a kicker, buy a car out of state, don't register it where you bought it, have it transported, and collect the MSO. Even though you bought it, it is still a new car until it is reistered.
Sponsored